UKC

Warhorse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cfer 22 Nov 2013
Has anyone been to see it?

I have been given tickets to go see it at The Lowry on 31st Dec and dont want to have to deal with the traffic coming out of Manchester if it is not very good.

Really enjoyed the book.
JMGLondon 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:
Yep, its excellent. Absolutely worth the Traffic.
 balmybaldwin 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:

Quite simply the best piece of theatre I have seen.

You know the story, but the stage show is something else entirely.

It really is a fantastic example of theatre "magic". The puppets are fantastic, within a few minutes you don't really notice the puppeteers, and the lighting is excellent.

I've seen it twice, and second time round I saw things I had missed in the first sitting.

You won't be disapointed.
 Kimono 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:
I'm sure you will enjoy it as everyone does.
I saw it in New York last year however, and we were a little bored by it. May have been the badly executed accents or maybe it just didn't travel well
 jkarran 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:

> I have been given tickets to go see it at The Lowry on 31st Dec and dont want to have to deal with the traffic coming out of Manchester if it is not very good.

It's worth every minute you'll spend sat in traffic.
jk
 BusyLizzie 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:

It is absolutely brilliant - best theatre I have seen. I saw it with my daughter a while ago, and am seeing it again in a couple of weeks' time by dint of wriggling in as a parent helper on my son's school trip. NB take tissues.
James Jackson 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:

Yep, it's very good. As a keen, and some would say experienced, horseman, I was most stunned with how well they 'got' equine body-language.

Enjoy!
chad halfwit 22 Nov 2013
In reply to cfer:

yep seen it twice, fantastic, what barmy baldwin said.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...