Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - training to lead E2 in 6 months - advice please

kp64zl - on 24 Nov 2013
Planning a trad trip of a lifetime at the end of May 2014, and would very much like to be able to lead E2 consistently.

I've been "out of training" for a number of years, so would like some advice about how I get myself in best condition!

I've climbed for 24 years -- in the mid-late 1990's I was confidently leading E2 (mostly Pembroke & Scotland), occasional E3 and seconding E5's / and up to 7a+. Now in my mid-40s

Since then I've gradually climbed less and less -- I've done more mountaineering in my spare time, & of course more work & family commitments. Rock climbing between 4 and 6 times per year over the last few yrs, happily leading VS & the occasional HVS (Peak Grit, Snowdonia). Inconsistent climbing wall training, but generally fit as I cycle every day.

So, I'm after some tips on how I can get myself back towards my previous form over the next 6 months, without injuring myself. I've a good climbing wall nearby....

... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums