UKC

Half Marathon PB!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Man, I'm liking this running malarky.

Clowne Half Marathon this morning and put in a 1:36:40 time. To say I'm chuffed is somewhat understating this.

http://www.movescount.com/moves/move21699083

Happy in Newark.
 mbh 24 Nov 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Well done. I'd be really pleased with that.
 The New NickB 24 Nov 2013

Well done, just don't too disheartened when the improvements start to slow down.
In reply to The New NickB:

I'll try. I knocked almost three mins off this time which i think will be a tad tricky to get every time
 Banned User 77 24 Nov 2013

Well done.. good going.

It would seem Im a sucker for punishment. Signed up for a ten miler next weekend and another half the weekend after that.

Lets hope the legs stay good.
 tony 25 Nov 2013

Excellent - well done! The bad news is that you'll now be targetting 1.30, and you won't be satisfied until you get there. But it's worth the effort ...
 bleddynmawr 25 Nov 2013

Well done, but don't overdo it. The general rule for racing is that you should leave 1 day per mile raced before your next race.
 mountainbagger 25 Nov 2013
In reply to tony:

Tell me about it! PB is 1.33, and that was not a perfect race (aren't they all?), so all I can think about now is sub 90 mins.

Also, PB for 10K is 40:16, so you can guess what I'm targetting now (and failing so far).

PB for marathon is 3.25 so at least that's nowhere near 3 hours (which was once a dream, but I'm so far away that I'm not consumed by it so much!).

Well done to the OP though!
 The New NickB 25 Nov 2013
In reply to mountainbagger:

Those benchmarks seem important when you are striving for them, but once you achieve them, the next one is just as important.
 mountainbagger 25 Nov 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

Hmm, that's what I feared...on it goes...never satisfied (well not for long anyway!)
 Al Evans 25 Nov 2013

I ran a marathon before I ever ran any other distance, twice in under three hours, and I never for a long time ran a half in less than half my time in a marathon, if that makes sense. I ran my first trained for marathon in under three hours but I never ran a half in less than 1.29 for ages after that.
Moley 25 Nov 2013

Well done, good effort.
One advantage of getting older (61 soon) is I no longer worry about PB's, races or road running, but I enjoy running more than ever.
Did a local non-competitive event in mid Wales this weekend.

Saturday was 25 miles and 5500ft ascent (all off road) which I ran quite hard (for me).
Sunday was the same course the opposite way, slower. Plus enjoyed 2 x 1/2 pints as there was free beer at the three checkpoints!!!

So 50 miles, over 11000ft + beer in wonderfull countryside and winter weather.......you have it all to look forward to, keep it up.
 Al Evans 26 Nov 2013
In reply to Moley:

There was a really famous record setting Ultra runner when I was road racing, but sadly I can't remember his name (help welcomed) but I think he was from the North East, anyway his drink of choice at the feed stations was Newcastle Brown, I wish I could remember who he was, he was a member of the Road Runners Club.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...