UKC

All Blacks haka...check this out!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Now I like the haka, a blend of warrior and culture and coolly controlled aggression in battle. So check our these awkward out of synch dudes doing it!

youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec&
 Yanis Nayu 24 Nov 2013
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Looks like an old folks home!
Jim C 24 Nov 2013
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

> Looks like an old folks home!

Or ( dad) line dancing

I see a few of my best moves in there.
In reply to Jim C:

long live the dad dancing liberation front! Together we can lead the revolution!
drmarten 24 Nov 2013

Just out of curiosity if an opponent didn't want to 'submit' to the Haka or give it any credence, what would be the outcome if they were to turn their back on it, chat among themselves and generally disrespect it?
Do you have to respect the Haka - surely it's a psychological tool to give those performing the Haka an edge?
I'm just idly wondering if there would be any retribution to those who ignored a Haka or insisted what is good for the goose is good for the gander and delivered some form of psy-ops themselves.
It is impressive to watch.

In reply to drmarten:
Good question. Wales once just stared at it and after the haka was over, just stood there still without emotion. The ABs for a moment didn't know what to do, in the end, the ref had to tell Wales to turn round and get on with the game, they didn't move, then the ABs moved first.
drmarten 24 Nov 2013

I have just found that on youtube (2008), there was another clip where an Allblack answers my question.

youtube.com/watch?v=omftL4fWRHs&
 peppermill 24 Nov 2013

Here's a compilation of Haka responses from over the years.

youtube.com/watch?v=MVQ8wtbc4bo&
 Jamie B 25 Nov 2013

My personal favourite: youtube.com/watch?v=pcDwqMAhKng&
 Mike Turner 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

This is the best one
youtube.com/watch?v=CijZN06LmQU&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...