UKC

Cats and Kittens on Penon de Ifach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Al Evans 25 Nov 2013
My daughter and partner climbed Penon De Ifach yesterday and said the top was overun with cats and kittens (picture to follow) anybody been up there recently? Trying to ascertain when they started moving in.
 Rampikino 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

Part of the scenery as far as I am aware. There were stacks of them there 18 months ago when we were up there and I was led to believe they had been a feature for a long time.
In reply to Al Evans:

There in the early/mid 2000's.
 Ali.B 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

I never saw any about 5years ago...maybe the seagulls ate them all?
 Trangia 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

They are not relatives of your "flying" cat are they? Jumping off the Penon will use up a good proportion of their 9 lives!
In reply to Al Evans:
We were up there earlier this year and saw lads of cats......not what we were expecting but they quite friendly.
In reply to I like climbing:
Loads.....

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

Oddly we were discussing this yesterday - it could be 10 years since we were on top of the PeƱon, and they were there then,

Chris
 Chris the Tall 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:

I don't remember any cats when Al and I climbed it in 2006 - but then again it was dark when we got to the top !
OP Al Evans 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall: Almost dark! Good job you had the headtorch, but no I don't remember any then, I wonder what they drink, obviously seagulls would provide food.

BrumSparky 26 Nov 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

Oh man. Great photo. WISH I was there now.
My memories of climbing the Penon are of a little old lady and her dog at the top when I climbed over the wall. Surprised? You're not wrong. I didn't know there was a path.
OP Al Evans 26 Nov 2013
In reply to BrumSparky:

The path is quite steep and adventurous, a little old lady and her dog will have been a bit special to get up there
BrumSparky 26 Nov 2013
In reply to Al Evans:

I recall the journey down the slippery bit was...interesting. More hazardous than the climb, really.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...