UKC

Anyone bought or ridden the new Canyon Ultimate CF SL?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Batcloud 25 Nov 2013
Not the lighter and more expensive SLX but the new for 2014 'SL' - There doesn't seem to be any reviews for it yet.
 andy 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Batcloud: I love the way it says "...for well under £1400!!".

It's £1399...

But it looks a cracking deal - 105 groupy, Aksium wheels (a bit hefty but much better wheels on comparably priced bikes) and Fizik finishing kit.

I bought my "best" bike from Rose (another German online seller) a year or so ago - and I've been really pleased with it.

OP Batcloud 25 Nov 2013
In reply to andy:

Cheers, hadn't checked what Rose have for 2014, I'll av a look.
 andy 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Batcloud:

I bought a "last year's model" from Rose, branded Red Bull (they've stopped that brand now - problems with the drink company, I expect!). The whole bike cost me a tiny bit more than the groupset would have done on its own - and that's with top notch wheels and a decent sub-1kg carbon frame.
chrismcc 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Batcloud:

No, but I have ordered one.........
In reply to Batcloud: not yet, but a friends got one I'm hopping to soon

OP Batcloud 25 Nov 2013
In reply to chrismcc:

Nice one, I'm tempted but would like to see some reviews - can't see that much could be wrong though with Canyons track record (no pun!).

Estimated shipment date, mid April (
chrismcc 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Batcloud:
That's a good point, delivery time seems to be going up a month or so every 1-2 weeks! Think I got mine in in time for Jan, fingers crossed
chrismcc 25 Nov 2013
In reply to goldcoastjjc:

Does your friend say it's the best most fantastic thing he's ever bought..? (hopefully)...
 balmybaldwin 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Batcloud:

Think they've. now got some sort of uk showroom, which I plan to visit in the new year when im looking round for a new bouncy bike
OP Batcloud 25 Nov 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> Think they've. now got some sort of uk showroom, which I plan to visit in the new year when im looking round for a new bouncy bike

Kingston upon Thames, I read somewhere that they have occasional open days so maybe worth keeping an eye out, too far for me though.
misterfrogfish 27 Nov 2013
In reply to Batcloud:

I bought a carbon canyon road bike with 105 about 6 months ago. Excellent value. I only hear good reports. BUT I had issues with mine and dealing with Canyon, in my experience, was horrendous. Arrogant and rude. Never again for me.

Two things I will point out though.
The innertubes both failed at the seems, just pulled apart.
The whole groupset is 105 EXCEPT the cables and covers. These are cheap replacements. After two weeks the brakes started getting stiff. This was due to rust build inside the cables. Replaced them with original Shimano.

Not being negative, just mentioning my issues.

OP Batcloud 28 Nov 2013
In reply to misterfrogfish:

Thanks for the info. What's the expression? 'Spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar'

It seems counter productive to add a few cheap components to an otherwise quality bike but I'm sure most manufacturers do it where they can get away with it. I'll keep an eye on the brakes if I take the plunge!

Cheers.

chrismcc 11 Dec 2013
In reply to Batcloud:
Thought I'd put my experience as it turns out (good or bad...) on this thread for anyone interested.. So.... Only had one contact with Canyon so far to give them my measurements .... Email reply within the hour. As of yesterday.. Bike being assembled bang on the earliest predicted date ( have heard some tales of big delays from others on t'internet). So fingers crossed..... Most exite...
 andy 11 Dec 2013
In reply to chrismcc:

That sounds excellent. I bought my best bike from Rose and that arrived bang on time with good comms, so it looks like the Germans do a pretty good job of this stuff. Mate has a Canyon and loves it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...