UKC

o2 3g Tablet problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Workman 25 Nov 2013
Recently I asked advice from you lot on which Tablet to buy - in connection with a planned trip to Nepal. Lots of helpful replies - including the Scottish Sweetie option. So I bought a Samsung Note 10.1 - a Tablet basically.
I'm slowly getting the hang of it after a week of trial and .... trial. One main problem now is connecting to the net using 3g. I bought the tablet from an o2 shop in Glasgow and also bought what I thought was a monthy contract.
I can connect to the net using wifi but can't connect using the 3g. I've jumped through several o2 hoops trying to get this to go. I definitely have an 02 account and I've bought 1 gb of 'data' on pay as you go to try to make it work. I've been on to their on line help but still no joy 10 days later. I keep getting a message from o2 saying I need to buy data before I can connect.
I've checked that o2 has 3g where I live [Fort William]
Any ideas?
 rallymania 25 Nov 2013
In reply to John Workman:

other than... go back and speak to o2?

it sounds like you either didn't buy what you thought you bought or they've f__ked up your contract somehow

HTH's
 Neil Williams 25 Nov 2013
In reply to rallymania:

Or the tablet is faulty. Can you try the SIM in another device, or try another known-good SIM (e.g. the one from your phone) in the tablet?

Neil

Most likely O2 have stuffed up though, if you're getting that message. Or do you have an O2 account with the wrong SIM against it?

Neil
 rallymania 25 Nov 2013

just to clarify

you bought a contract SIM from o2 with the tablet and that should have data on it?
you've inserted the sim in the tablet
switch off wifi (depends on the tablet how you do this)
now that wifi is off it should try and use the SIM card to connect instead

as neil suggested make sure you have signal / data by popping the sim into another device

is there an o2 shop in fort william?

OP John Workman 25 Nov 2013
In reply to rallymania:

Thanks for the replies.
I've tried with wifi off - can't connect. Strange thing is they [o2 shop] gave me two sim cards. On what you guys are saying - maybe I'll try the 'other' sim card [tonight].

> Thanks for the replies.

> I've tried with wifi off - can't connect. Strange thing is they [o2 shop] gave me two sim cards. On what you guys are saying - maybe I'll try the 'other' sim card [tonight].

Maybe the two sims are one for the monthly contract and one for Payg? You should not have two for one account! Or are they different sizes? Still one one can be registered to your account.

Yeah, they very often give you a free PAYG one to give to someone else as well as your one you're paying for, does sound like you've used the wrong one.

Neil
OP John Workman 26 Nov 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:

Thanks for all the advice people. Changed the sim. All go now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...