UKC

Torn down vest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 richja5 28 Nov 2013

I have just torn the outer shell of my down vest at the front does anyone have any advice on how to repair it?

Cheers

Richja5
Post edited at 19:55
Shearwater 28 Nov 2013
Just tape it up. I've used some clear waterproof ripstop stuff before... can't remember what it was sold as, maybe sail or spinnaker repair tape. Does the job just fine.
 petegunn 28 Nov 2013
In reply to richja5:

Gaffa Tape has kept my down jacket going for 15 years though I did rip a large hole in the arm of my jacket, sent it off to Rab and they replaced the whole section and refilled it with down. Cost about 30 quid but was a long time ago. Check out their website.
 Denni 28 Nov 2013
In reply to richja5:

Dare I say gaffa tape? Thats what I've used in the past and has been just fine.
 martinph78 28 Nov 2013
In reply to richja5:

McNett Goretex Repair Patches do the job for £2 and are available in various colours.
 stewieb 28 Nov 2013
In reply to richja5:

It might depend on the fabric but when I ripped my Rab jacket with really thin pertex material I had to stitch the large bits of the tear up to stop it spreading and then used McNett tenacious tape which is clear and doesn't look quite as obvious as duct tape.
 ayuplass 28 Nov 2013
In reply to richja5:

Spinnaker tape, you can get it on eBay (unless you live near a ships chandlers) and there's generally a colour that matches your garment.
OP richja5 05 Dec 2013
In reply to richja5:

Thanks for all the advise mcnett goretex repair patch bought just need to stick it on
Cambridge-Climber 05 Dec 2013
In reply to richja5: Another vote for spinnaker tape. Cheap and sticks well. Give it a quick once over with the iron. Cut it with rounded corners.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...