UKC

sleeping in car near to Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 29 Nov 2013
Is the north face car park the best spot or is there somewhere better or near a pub that is suitable to park and sleep for a few nights?
 AlH 30 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

The car park behind Morrisons opposite the Nevis Centre is where the lorry drivers and camper vans hang out.
Many sleep in the Torlundy Car Park but the woods there are pretty foul with human waster now because of this.
OP AdCo82 30 Nov 2013
In reply to AlH:

Cheers pal. Is it best just to pull up late evening?

What time does the train station shower block stay open till?
 Dave 88 30 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

If you're heading south out of town, there's a lovely car park right by the water. I stayed there a few years ago. Public toilet on the waterfront just in town seemed to be open all hours so no need to be making a mess of the bushes!
 kylo-342 30 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Morrisons good -- I've rolled out my sleeping mat under the awnings there so can remain dry.
Tim Chappell 30 Nov 2013
In reply to AlH:

They should put some loos in the NF car park. You might think the problems with doing this would be obvious, but it seems to work OK at Loch Morlich. The Loch Morlich loos are well designed for purpose--there's almost nowhere inside (at least, not in the gents') where a climbing bum could stretch out his karrimat, except directly underneath the urinal trough, which seems somehow unattractive.
 Jamie B 30 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

> Many sleep in the Torlundy Car Park but the woods there are pretty foul with human waster now because of this.

You'd be insane to doss at the NF carpark, especially at busy times. Not only is there now a very real human waste issue (the whole carpark pongs at times), expect to be kept up half the night by other teams arriving, talking loudly, clanking their hexes, playing car radios, etc.

Plenty of other options, for example the nearby Nevis Range car-park is huge but generally empty. Wherever you do go, I'd urge you to bag or bottle up your your poo for later hygenic disposal.
 Jamie B 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Tim Chappell:

> They should put some loos in the NF car park.

They would barely be used for 10 months of the year.
 Neil Adams 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

> Plenty of other options, for example the nearby Nevis Range car-park is huge but generally empty.

Agreed - Aonach Mor car park is the place to go.

pec 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

> They would barely be used for 10 months of the year. >

Would that be a problem? Less of a problem than the minefiled of turds in the woods I should think.

Jamie B 30 Nov 2013
In reply to pec:

It wouldn't be a problem, but would make it low priority for funding. Would anyone want to pay for its upkeep outwith the peak winter season?

DaveHK 30 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Last time I checked the toilets at Nevis Range were left unlocked at night so you can have a crafty dump in the morning.
 pec 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:
> (In reply to pec)
>
> It wouldn't be a problem, but would make it low priority for funding. Would anyone want to pay for its upkeep outwith the peak winter season? >

Thinking about it bit more, the winter season is rather longer than 2 months on the Ben, nearer 6 and its not exactly an unpopular mountain the rest of the year. If its popular enough to justify building a new car park and providing new footpaths the its popular enough to need toilets. The evidence is lying all around.

Tim Chappell 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Jamie B:

> They would barely be used for 10 months of the year.

Couldn't they earn their keep in 2 months?

What do you think the use-profile looks like for the cludgie at Loch Morlich?
 Jamie B 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Tim Chappell:

It's pointless having this argument with me, it's not my decision! But for what it's worth I'd say there were a lot more summer tourists milling around Glenmore.
 Jamie B 30 Nov 2013
In reply to pec:

> Thinking about it bit more, the winter season is rather longer than 2 months on the Ben, nearer 6 and its not exactly an unpopular mountain the rest of the year.

Most summer weekends I'd expect to see about half-a-dozen cars in the Torlundy car-park, fewer on weekdays and through the autumn. Last weekend, with good early-season conditions there might have been 15. Does that justify a cludgie?
 Sharp 30 Nov 2013
This is Scotland guys, like all good public conveniences they'd be closed in the winter!
 Wee Davie 30 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Me and a mate had a doss out the back of Nevisport (after a night in McTavish's). He got a handjob off a girl from Corpach. I got f all from her (faithfully-in-a-relationship) pal. We kipped out the back until a cleaner opened the door and told us to GTF in the morning. I'd give it 4 stars on Tripadvisor.
 Nigel Thomson 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Wee Davie:

> Me and a mate had a doss out the back of Nevisport (after a night in McTavish's). He got a handjob off a girl from Corpach. I got f all from her (faithfully-in-a-relationship) pal. We kipped out the back until a cleaner opened the door and told us to GTF in the morning. I'd give it 4 stars on Tripadvisor.

Ha ha, my sister lives in Corpach. Did she have cold hands?
 jonoh 01 Dec 2013
In reply to the weegy:

> Ha ha, my sister lives in Corpach. Did she have cold hands?

Possibly hairy !!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...