UKC

Best wire gate Quickdraws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dartfrog 30 Nov 2013
Hi

I am upgrading my rack and trying to shed a bit of weight. Looking to get new set of Quickdraws. I am told DMM Alpha lights are good. At present using wild country wild wires.

Mostly trad use but a bit of sport.

Any ideas? Heliums seem be the obvious choice for all-around performance? Was told that WC are now making out of China.

Any Take on the DMMs or any other?

D

sean1 30 Nov 2013
In reply to dartfrog:
The Heliums and the Xenon where still been made in the UK a while back. But I think I read in a past post that Wild Country has moved it 's operations back to the UK. Good move.
I have a mix match of draws that I use. I have both sport draws and trad draws.
All the quick draws have a wire gate at the bottom and a solid gate with a wide sling on the sport draws. I have been using the Heliums and the Dmm shields for the past 6 years and both are very good. They feel very different to each other and I use the shield as a top biner. They both have a stiff gate. I have used the Xenons and they have a softer gate action but still good.
I have now also been using Dmm trad carabiners on the bottom for my sport and trad draws. They have a softer gate action but are very good carabiners for both ends of a draw. I would highly recommend these. I have not used the lights but I think they are a bit smaller and would probably suit someone with smaller hands or for racking cams etc. There isn;t much weight difference between the light trad and the trad.
So out of these I rate the Dmm trad and WC helium as equal first for different reasons and the shields 2nd
Post edited at 03:22
OP dartfrog 30 Nov 2013
In reply to dartfrog:

Yeh, doesn't look much between them. Thanks
 jezb1 30 Nov 2013
In reply to dartfrog:

For trad I use DMM phantom which I really like.

They'd get trashed on sport though so I use Alphas for that.
 Dave Potter 30 Nov 2013
In reply to dartfrog:

Gates on my WC wiregates have started to go after a few years use whilst dmm and be wiregates still going strong. Know what I'm getting next!
OP dartfrog 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Dave Potter:

Couple of people have mentioned the wires on WC helium. Looks like your sold on DMM.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...