UKC

Malham/gordale this Sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joesmith 30 Nov 2013
Wondering about climbing at malham or gordale this weekend, its meant to be dry today and tomorrow, but has obviously got wet a few times over the last week.
Can anyone suggest what conditions at either crag will be like, and if there will be much dry?
Cheers,
Joe
 Al Evans 30 Nov 2013
In reply to joesmith:

That was the advantage of artifcial climbing, you could do it in any weather, in fact it was usually snowing when we did.
In reply to joesmith:

Malham is likely to be dry but I doubt Goredale would be. There'll be damp patches/streaks at Malham but you'd get plenty done either trad or sport.

ALC
Wiley Coyote2 30 Nov 2013
In reply to joesmith:

Music alert: I know Malham's never exactly a wilderness experieince but this Sunday Skipton Brass Band are giving a Christmas concert at the Cove (starts 3pm I think).
If you want a unique climbing experieince give it a go but if you are looking for a bit of peace and quiet may be better to go somewhere else.
Beautiful and sunny right now
OP joesmith 30 Nov 2013
In reply to a lakeland climber:

Thanks ALC, will head to Malham then, probably doing some trad on the right wing if its dry.
OP joesmith 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

Cheers Wiley Coyote, that could make it interesting, maybe a beat to climb to will be of benefit?!
Wiley Coyote2 01 Dec 2013
In reply to joesmith:

Wandered up to the cove and had a listen to the carols this afternoon. Very nice atmosphere with families sitting around and scoffing mince pies.

But what were the lights on the headwall after it got dark? Was someone practising big wall bivvying up there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...