UKC

Dynafit Boots with fritshi Binding

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 30 Nov 2013
I want get my woman a pair of Dynafit TLT 5s for xmas but do they work with Fritshi Bindings? Are the toe and heel bails larger enough for a normal binding? Anyone
 inboard 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Aigen:

I have a pair of Dynafit zzeus which I've used with fritschi bindings with no problems. Imagine these will be the same but can't the shop answer that question for you?
 smithaldo 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Aigen:

no the tlt5's don't work with anything other than tech pin bindingd.
 smithaldo 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Aigen:

actually they may 'work' but they are definitely not certified safe for them. Dynafit confirmed this via e-mail when I bought mine a couple of years ago.
 AdrianC 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Aigen: Hmmm. My PX Ones work fine with Markers. Until I read this thread it never occurred to me that there might be a problem.

Shearwater 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Aigen:
Apparently the lugs on the TLT5/6 (and possibly similar stuff like their skimo boots) don't conform to the ISO touring boot standard. That said, people have used em in frame touring bindings like the Fritschis and haven't complained about terrible performance or pre-releasing, so maybe you'll be fine.

Seems like an odd thing to want to do though.
Post edited at 16:39
 RichardB 02 Dec 2013
In reply to Aigen:

I believe the TLT5 and 6 don't fit frame bindings (Fritchi, Marker etc) probably because of the reasons Shearwater mentions. Basically I don't think the lugs are big enough.

The One, Mercury, Vulcan, Titan fit both tech/pin and frame bindings.

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...