UKC

Aldi ski goggles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Skol 30 Nov 2013
A heads up. Aldi are selling adults and kids ski goggles for £7.99 on dec 5th.
Could go well in a winter pack. They seem to be doing both clear and yellow lenses.
 Cobbler 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Skol:

Lidl have the same (albeit blue mirrored and orange) at the moment.
 Martin W 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Skol:
> They seem to be doing both clear and yellow lenses.

Their online product description <a href='https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-5th-december/product-detail/ps/p/ski-and-snowboard-goggles/' title='301 Moved Permanently'>https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-5th-december/product-detail/... says orange, smoke or mirror.

> Could go well in a winter pack.

I bought a pair of their mirror lens goggles last winter, for skiing. They are not at all bad for the price being comfortable, fitting well with a helmet and basically well made. I did find, however, that the mirror finish was a bit fragile: I managed to scratch the inside of the lens on something (I believe it was nothing more abrasive than the plastic strap buckle, while they were packed away in my rucksack) and it took a thin strip of the mirror coating off.

If I do decide to buy a replacement pair this year I'm thinking of getting the smoke lens version, on the assumption that the tint will be within the material of the lens rather than being a rather vulnerable thin foil on the surface.
Post edited at 15:01
OP Skol 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Martin W:

Thanks for the info. They looked clear on the poster. Which lens would be best for low vis? I intend to use them for wind driven hail etc, not to keep the sun out.
I had some yellow lens Cebe ones but they kept misting up badly.
Ta. Skol
SethChili 30 Nov 2013
In reply to Skol:

I've got the lidl ski goggles , which are pretty good in my opinion . I got the orange lens for low light conditions , mirror would be overkill for all but the best weather when you would just use sunglasses anyway .
Yes , oakley or Bolle would be a bit better , but goggles get trashed so paying £££ doesn't make any sense for the average user .
OP Skol 30 Nov 2013
In reply to SethChili:

Thanks. I'm going to have a look at the lidl ones. I understood orange or yellow to be best in low vis.
I had the Cebe ones when I was richer, and to be honest, they will just sit in my pack most of the time. It's not worth spending £40 unless you're a professional user, is it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...