UKC

Scammers and Spammers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 02 Dec 2013
They must be on a Christmas bonus. Emails today about undelivered parcels, ISPs being closed for maintenance and telling me to click a link to backup essential files and now one from Royal Mail about an undelivered parcel.

Do they think EVERYONE is stupid?
 Rampikino 02 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

No, they just think that a large enough proportion will be stupid enough to fall for it and that it will be worth it.
 The Potato 02 Dec 2013

i occasionally get the Fed ex delivery failure click here to rearrange emails, still not as bad as the fake bank emails though, those would easily misleasd an innocent inexperienced web user
OP FesteringSore 02 Dec 2013
Seems there's another parcel om its way to me that has been held up by HM Customs and Border Agency

OP FesteringSore 02 Dec 2013
"Mail - Lost / Missing package - UK Customs and Border Protection

Royal Mail has detained your package for some reason (for example, lack of a proper invoice, bill of sale, or other documentation, a possible trademark violation, or if the package requires a formal entry) the RM International Mail Branch holding it will notify you of the reason for detention (in writing) and how you can get it released.

Please fulfil the documents attached."

myth 02 Dec 2013

My boss was stupid enough to open up the zip files these emails contained. Had some ransomware on it which encrypted every file on her computer plus 3/4 of the ones on the shared Dropbox folder. PAIN IN THE ARSE!!
> They must be on a Christmas bonus. Emails today about undelivered parcels, ISPs being closed for maintenance and telling me to click a link to backup essential files and now one from Royal Mail about an undelivered parcel.

> Do they think EVERYONE is stupid?

No, just that SOMEONE is stupid [enough to respond].
Post edited at 16:27

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...