UKC

Abdominal Pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey all, the frequent running forum contributors will have seen that I have been running a lot recently. Week before last I did a fast (for me) HM and yesterday I did a ten miler race.

I noticed on my Thursday gentle club run last week that I had a growing pain in my abdomen.

This really kicked in yesterday at about 5 miles and I really had to slow off the pace and its sore today. It even hurt to run across the road to beat an oncoming car.

The best way to describe the area is behind my pubic hair, so quite low down. I guess if you split the area below my navel in half, the lower half is where it hurts. Its isn't to any particular side either.

This could get really frustrating.

Help.

P.s. I'm supposed to be running the turkey trot half on sunday
Post edited at 13:37
 The Potato 02 Dec 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

i wonder if its a mild inguinal hernia?
usually rest and avoid lifting anything heavy, watch your posture when reaching and bending
Never had any problem like that myself though

I did another half yesterday and ran through some pretty grim pain. Turns out i have a strained pubic symphysis and the Doc has said nothing strenuous for two weeks at least.

So swimming is my only exercise and i hate swimming.
45networker 09 Dec 2013

errrrrr GO SEE YOUR GP!!!!!!

dont do any strenuous exercise till you have.
Ste Brom 09 Dec 2013

osteitis pubis is a fairly common malady for athletes to suffer from. easy now, easy...
In reply to 45networker:

Good advice. This could be anything from a muscle strain to a hernia to something totally unrelated - the description isn't enough to work on, the OP needs to discuss this with a health dude in person.
In reply to 45networker:

Err, read the post, it says the Doc said nothing strenuous. The Doc in this instance is my GP whom i saw earlier and prescribed me rest and nothing more active than gentle swimming.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...