UKC

Help! University Project Survey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
SarahTaylor2607 02 Dec 2013
Hi, I'm doing a university design project around creating a climbing/ food festival (from my previous research I gathered that climbers appreciate nice food!)
So it would be really great to get your opinions!
The survey is 9 questions long, all multiple choice, and should only take a minute or so.
Any input would be greatly appreciated, whether it it be by completing the survey, or commenting on this post.
Lots of thanks,
Sarah

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Wrdwd7IFSnrj2s4dxmPAJdIQuzL2vIt1cDAyhs-RD0...

"Posted with permission of UKClimbing"
bust3r 02 Dec 2013
In reply to SarahTaylor2607:

done
 Mark Kemball 02 Dec 2013

Ye Gods! A survey on UKC that is actually straightforward to complete. Must be a first.
 Michael Gordon 02 Dec 2013
In reply to Mark Kemball:

probably because there's nothing much on it about climbing!
 martinph78 02 Dec 2013

Done
 goose299 02 Dec 2013

done.
In reply to Mark Kemball:

> Ye Gods! A survey on UKC that is actually straightforward to complete. Must be a first.

Or at the very least a 2:1
 toad 02 Dec 2013

(a) done

(b) hungry
In reply to Michael Gordon:

I have done previous surveys about climbing more specifically, so this one did focus more on the food festival side- sorry if you felt there were a lack of climbing questions
I've done it but it was odd. Why only those food choices ? It's nice to mix different food. And you're probably going to eat differently in summer than winter.
 jayjackson 02 Dec 2013

Done, hope you find it useful.

Think the range of cuisine choices should have been greater (or should have had an "other" + text box option). I take from this that there won't be a decent Thai curry waiting for me at the top of a crag this winter!!
In reply to jayjackson:

I have added an 'other' option to that question now, thanks
(I know that isn't very useful to you now though, sorry haha)
 Heike 02 Dec 2013

Hi, done. One thing, I like food and I like cllimbing, but most of the time I don't really have time to eat nice things when I climb, so I couldn't necessarily marry those things together, e.g. if I have a long winter day out, I might get up at 4 drive for an hour and a half, walk in for a couple of hours, climb all day, walk out, drive home and then eat what ever is available...so it would have to be a pretty cool festival to get me off the hill for the food. Just a thought. Good luck with your project!
 jayjackson 02 Dec 2013

Wow; a good, simple survey. A researcher who checks the post again, AND who responds to feedback! Must be the best survey on UKC ever! Well done!
 Bulls Crack 02 Dec 2013

Climbing and Food festival - yes! (NB many climbers are stingy gits though....which may need qualifying via a survey!)
 BusyLizzie 03 Dec 2013

Done. Easy and entertaining when I was awake at 3am and would rather not have been - thank you.

It also generated nice thoughts (which I needed, at this ungodly hour) about the food involved in my outdoor days. If I'm setting off from home I take home-made cake to share. The other week I was introduced to the virtues of ginger nuts - tasty and not too sweet. And I do like a curry after an outdoor day. mmmm.
SarahTaylor2607 03 Dec 2013

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer the survey, I got 125 responses in a day, so lots of useful data for me to look at
I have now stopped accepting responses, but feel free to keep commenting if you have any ideas you want to share

Thanks again,

Sarah

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...