UKC

UKC in 'surprising motivator' shock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 02 Dec 2013
Oliiiiiver put up this thread a couple of weeks ago: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=568778

I contributed to it as it got me thinking and (surprisingly) it gave me a much-needed kick - tonight I finally managed to run for 30 minutes, which I know is nothing in the grand scheme of things (and compared to all you people!) but I'm feeling very proud of myself.

Who knew that some good could come of these things? Not me!
interdit 02 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

I already clicked the 'likey' on your fb post, but Woo Hoo anyway!

You obviously enjoyed it. Hope it spurs you on to much more.

ps. "nothing in the grand scheme of things (and compared to all you people!)" = much better than a vast % of the population.
 deepsoup 02 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:
> .. tonight I finally managed to run for 30 minutes

For the first time ever? Blimey, that's rather brilliant, well done.

And inspired by one of Oliiiiiver's threads, who woulda thunk it?
 Banned User 77 02 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Well done Oliiver!!!

Oh and TC...
OP Tall Clare 02 Dec 2013
In reply to deepsoup:

I can't even remember running that far continuously when at school - I've just never got on with it, despite being (in theory) runner-shaped.

I'm going to have to thank Oliiiiver and he's going to be touched. Maybe.
OP Tall Clare 02 Dec 2013
In reply to IainRUK:

Hahaaaaa!
Clauso 03 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Well done!... In only a couple of weeks, huh? You must have been fairly fit to start with?

... In contrast, I ran for 30 mins, earlier this evening, and felt like crap. I'm still suffering from the effects of a cold and now my calves ache like hell. Just 'one of those sessions', I hope.
 lummox 03 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Good work Clare !
 The New NickB 03 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

Well done, you have basically jumped right to the end of the couch to 5k programme, I bet you were a bit fitter than you thought. I hope you are enjoying it, it helps.
OP Tall Clare 03 Dec 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

In fairness I'd already started it at the point of that post, but had lost motivation through some very time-consuming work and a lingering stinking cold... Though it does turn out that personning-the-f*ck-up and getting on with it does work...
 Neil Williams 03 Dec 2013
In reply to The New NickB:

Just about everyone I talk to about running seems to say their calves hurt after running - am I the only one where they don't? Even though I'm the thick end of 17.5 stone?

Neil
 The New NickB 03 Dec 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:

How much do you do, how long have you been doing it? Mine generally don't, but I am a fairly high mileage runner, with a few years experience. I don't do much fell running these days, so when I do my calves can scream a bit. I think it is mainly just using muscles your not used to, calves tend to act as springs when you run, much more so than walking.
 Pids 03 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

30 mins?

I suspect it will take me and the 6 year old slightly longer to get round this on Sunday

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4581

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...