UKC

Not a Skoda in sight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
estivoautumnal 02 Dec 2013

Top Gear's top ten list. Nice entry at no 7.

1. Bugatti Veyron (2005)
2. VW Golf GTI (2005)
3. Rolls-Royce Phantom (2003)
4. Ferrari 458 (2009)
5. Porsche Boxster (1996)
6. BMW 320d (1999)
7. Ford Focus (1998)
8. Porsche 911 (1993)
9. Renault Clio Williams (1993)
10. Lexus LFA (2010)

And their choice of worst car....

Less difficult/violent/painful was naming the worst car of the past 20 years. And let's not beat about the bush. It's the Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible.
Post edited at 23:34
johnj 03 Dec 2013
In reply to estivoautumnal:

there's a bright yellow PT Cruiser owned locally round here with a I'd rather be at a Nickleback concert sticker in the window, it always makes me smile when I see it.
 plyometrics 03 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

Nearly as cringeworthy as brightly coloured renault clios with stickers that say "powered by fairy dust"...

Tyler 03 Dec 2013
In reply to plyometrics:

I accidentally bought a Fiat Uno at an auction once. It looked like it had been recovered from a lake and wouldn't go into second gear. I drove it arou d Derby in first for two weeks. Across the back window was huge sticker saying "On A Mission".....

ByEek 03 Dec 2013

I have a Focus... really???? They are monumentally cr@p in absolutely every way possible. They are the dementors of the driving world sucking every piece of joy out of the experience from the grey drab interior to the lack lustre handling.
 fraserbarrett 03 Dec 2013
In reply to ByEek:

In 1998 the focus changed the small family car market. Great handling (if yours doesn't then get it checked!), for the time revolutionary styling, and great build quality..... they had VW worried for a time, as it stole lots of golf customers. O,K move on 15 years and the competition has caught up and the focus has gotten heavier and less focused; but the 1998 model certainly deserves a place in the list...
 timjones 03 Dec 2013
In reply to ByEek:

> I have a Focus... really???? They are monumentally cr@p in absolutely every way possible. They are the dementors of the driving world sucking every piece of joy out of the experience from the grey drab interior to the lack lustre handling.

They handle more than well enough for the public road, I suggest you check your driving
 ByEek 03 Dec 2013
In reply to fraserbarrett:

I think that must be it. I have the 56 model and also an estate with a more than underpowered 1.7 diesel engine. Compared to my nippy little 1.6 98 Astra, complete with 13 year anti corrosion warranty and Lotus inspired chassis, it is not quite right. I take your point about it being revolutionary though.
 Mike Stretford 03 Dec 2013
In reply to fraserbarrett:

> In 1998 the focus changed the small family car market. Great handling (if yours doesn't then get it checked!), for the time revolutionary styling, and great build quality..... they had VW worried for a time, as it stole lots of golf customers. O,K move on 15 years and the competition has caught up and the focus has gotten heavier and less focused; but the 1998 model certainly deserves a place in the list...

Yeah, though I do think they decided they had to include a Ford, so went for the obvious one in the last 20 years. I agree with what you said but would argue that it is the only car on that list that will never be considered a classic.
 ranger*goy 03 Dec 2013
In reply to ByEek:

I've still got my 2000 Focus and so far its been the best car I've had. Never broken down and still going strong. Mines got a nice black leather interior. I've no idea what I'm going to replace it with though cause its starting to rust around the sills and its a 2L so its quite thirsty.
 sleavesley 03 Dec 2013
In reply to ByEek:

Both my Dad and I were very happy to see the back of problematic 1.8 and 2.0 petrol focus of 2000 and 1999 vintage.
Not the handling, but the problems with engines we both had.
 The Potato 03 Dec 2013

its a shame they included such unrealistic cars as the veyron, phantom and 458 on that list, I suppose based just on the car then fair enough but its not particularly useful to the common folk.

Also regarding the focus, the guy accross the road has one through work and keeps looking at my car and saying 'I miss the astra'
 Tom Valentine 03 Dec 2013

If the LFA had been European (meaning British, German or Italian) it would probably have wiped the floor with the rest.
 sbc_10 03 Dec 2013

Don't see the much overlooked and undervalued Nissan Cherry GLS Fastback Ferrous Oxide Special edition on the list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...