UKC

YouTube issues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Recently I've been experiencing a few issues when trying to watch music videos on Youtube. Some play fine and stream quickly but others don't load properly and are skipping, then it makes Chrome run slow and sometimes crashes it. If I skip to another tab or refresh a page, that just compounds the issue. I've run CCleaner to clear my cache and temp files but to no avail. It's getting on my tits now and I've no idea what it could be. I've only got three other tabs open and I'm not running any other programs
 Jonny2vests 03 Dec 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Display adapter working ok? Maybe try some diagnostics. Does Vimeo work ok?
In reply to Jonny2vests:

Yeah Vimeo is much better, even on HD!
 Jonny2vests 03 Dec 2013

Ok, prob not display adapter then. Tried youtube with firefox?

It could well be the Pepper Flash plugin in Chrome, it's been broken on youtube for years and it's pretty rubbish that this continues to be the case. Plenty of instructions showing how to disable the internal flash plugin and use the external one which may fix the problem. Google youtube chrome fullscreen for example.
In reply to richard_hopkins:
I've already tried disabling flash as it was causing Chrome to crash all the time. but Youtube says it won't play without it enabled.
Post edited at 19:40
 climber david 03 Dec 2013

Did you try an external flash plugin to replace the internal one. Should solve the problem if the internal flash plugin ins causing the problem
In reply to climber david:

> Did you try an external flash plugin to replace the internal one. Should solve the problem if the internal flash plugin ins causing the problem

Just tried this and it didn't work. I really shouldn't have to use a different browser to watch YT, especially when the browser I'm using currently is developed by the same company!

It's a PITA
 madasten 05 Dec 2013

I'm a sympathiser as I've had this same issue for about a year. Tried all the fixes I could find on Google - basically disabling all Chrome add-ins - but still having trouble. I've gone back to using Windows Explorer for now.
 climber david 05 Dec 2013

Agree with you there. You hink they could get all their services to play well together.

For what its worth, I can use youtube fine on Chrome for mac latest version. Have you checked that chrome is up to date? (probably already done but just in case)

David
In reply to climber david:

aye, everything is up-to-date. Downloaded an external flash player, disabled the flash pepper plugin, all to no avail. The strange thing is that it's only recently started doing it. Might have to download FF.

Just noticed that if I watch a youtube clip that's been embedded, it works fine, yet if I watch the same vid on Youtube it's crap!?
Removed User 05 Dec 2013

Does it work with another browser? Try it with Firefox. (by another browser I do not mean Internet Explorer - don't use that)
In reply to Removed User:

> Does it work with another browser? Try it with Firefox. (by another browser I do not mean Internet Explorer - don't use that)

Yes, sorry too late, I only have IE other than chrome and it worked fine in that.
 stp 06 Dec 2013

I had loads of problems playing Youtube vids. I had to reload every page before the video would load properly.

I recently put a new OS on a different hard drive (without installing flash) and now everything plays fine.

You can get browser plug-ins to force non-flash video. For Firefox there's "Youtube All HTML 5". I imagine there's an equivalent for Chrome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...