/ Easy Sport Climbing destination

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ian Ll-J - on 03 Dec 2013
Looking for an alternative to Ariege for a school sport climbing trip next May, loved Ariege but fancy a change...

Needs to be affordable and not too hot with lots of well bolted sport single pitch routesin the F4 - F6 grade range.

Any ideas and recommendations would be appreciated.
earlsdonwhu - on 04 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J: Not sure about your transport or accommodation needs but Sicily???

stevieb - on 04 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:

Would the kids like Portland?
Alternatively, Dentelles and Orgon are both good at lower grades, and you will be able to climb out of the sun at both, don't know if they will have enough routes for you but take a look
Simon Alden - on 04 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:

How about Malta and Gozo..we've just published a new sport climbjng guidebook and theres plenty of routes in that range.
ian Ll-J - on 04 Dec 2013
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

I've been to San Vito and really enjoyed it, not a lot of shade if it's hot that time of year and also not that many easy routes for groups. Would love to go back myself...
In reply to stevieb:

Portland's a Plan B, but I'm sure they all want to go abroad. Will do a search for Dentelles and Orgon...
In reply to coverdale:

Have been following developments in Malta via Stevie Haston's blog, but I'm sure it will be roasting in May.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far, please keep them coming.
tlm - on 04 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:

What about the ardeche?
buxtoncoffeelover - on 05 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:

Cala Magraner in Mallorca. Great climbing from 3 upwards. Lovely swimming too, tho that may create its own problems/opportunities
Enty - on 05 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:

Buis les Barronnies would be good and you'd be close enough to the Dentelles too. lots of routes on the crags close to town have been re-graded to make them more user friendly :-)
There's also a new via feratta with a beginners parcours.

Email me if you need more info,

E
is2 - on 05 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:
Lots of good stuff at around those grades in Burgundy, around Beaune. There is a Jingo Wobbly guide to the area.
Lots of different crags so can always find shade if its hot. Accommodation can be expensive but very good campsites at Santenay and Mersault. ( Also good for collecting top notch wine !!)
Post edited at 17:48
ian Ll-J - on 05 Dec 2013
In reply to is2:
Have climbed at Burgundy a few times and was studying the Jingo guide last night definitely worth considering...
Post edited at 18:16
ian Ll-J - on 05 Dec 2013
In reply to buxtoncoffeelover:

Again have climbed and trekked in Majorca with groups, just thinking that May will be a bit hot?
ads.ukclimbing.com
tjekel - on 08 Dec 2013
In reply to ian Ll-J:

Look for various sport crags around baska / krk here on ukc, lots of stuff 4-6 and no polish at all.

Best, thomas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.