UKC

sport climbing Shetland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 04 Dec 2013
Spending a week in Shetland next summer to attend a wedding. Would like to do some climbing but don't want to take a full rack. There's a couple of sports destinations listed on shetlandclimbing.info, but you can only get details (such as route info) if you register, and the admins haven't responded to my requests to do so. No info on these crags in the UKC database.

If anyone has climbed at the locations Raasmi, Virdans, or any other sports venue in the Shetlands then I'd appreciate any feedback on what these venues are like, grades of routes, etc.

Thanks.
Andy Gamisou 04 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:
Just realised they've a facebook page. I'll try there.

Sherlock 04 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

think Andy Long who occasionally posts on here lives on Shetland,maybe try him?
 pebblespanker 04 Dec 2013
In reply to Sherlock:

Check out the new SMC Scottish Sport Guide, pretty sure they are in there but can't check at the mo as working away from home. Will try amd remember to have a nosey when I get back home
Andy Gamisou 05 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

Thanks to the nice people at shetlandclimbing.info I can now log into their site and access the info I need.
 RossJ 23 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

Raasmi is a pleasant enough venue, but as climbing goes it pales into insignificance compared to the trad climbing available. Take a basic rack as a second, and post when you are about on the local website. If the weather is good and if it is the weekend, even better, I'm sure one of us will take you out trad climbing. There's plenty on offer.
Andy Gamisou 24 Dec 2013
In reply to RossJ:

Cheers, will do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...