UKC

Where to climb/ train in Dorset.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 La benya 04 Dec 2013
Hi everyone,

I've been away from Dorset for a while and I'm wondering if there has been any new places to train open up?
I understand that Bournemouth university has closed down, and I've always found calshot too cold to be a proper training venue in the winter.
Would be great to know this for when I move back in a few weeks.
Cheers
 Monkey_Alan 04 Dec 2013
In reply to mark_wellin:
You're in luck! A new bouldering wall just opened in Poole.
http://www.theprojectclimbingcentre.co.uk/
 huffy 04 Dec 2013
In reply to mark_wellin:

Second that about the Project. Absolutely huge space with a good range of panels, holds and problems. At present the set is good for low to mid grade with three steep sections and potential for really hard stuff.

When I arrived to this area a year ago there was no commercial walls at all so feel lucky that this place landed in the lap of Poole.
OP La benya 04 Dec 2013
In reply to huffy:

Awesome! Great news. Having just looked at it, and spoken to a few more people it seems this place is really quite good. Glad the area has finally got a decent wall!
 Jon Wilson 04 Dec 2013
In reply to mark_wellin:

The wall at Harewood college www.bournemouthclimbing.co.uk has also just opened for one night a week (Tuesdays) if you want some routes to train on.
 Langer 05 Dec 2013
In reply to mark_wellin:

Been there a few times since it's been open. A great venue with lots of potential. Just a bouldering center at the mo but is quite vast with lots of different styles and angles. The Route setting is excellent too, i can honestly say that not one of the problems that I've climbed there is badly set, i always find a few at most climbing centers. Seems like a nice friendly atmosphere too. Ive heard that they are look at expanding with more bouldering and routes. With the size of the place i'm sure it'll become one of the best walls around. Great to finally have a decent place to train in the area that really hasn't had any good venues for awhile!
See you there!
 steve taylor 05 Dec 2013
In reply to mark_wellin:

There's free parking in the Dolphin Centre if you choose you nights carefully (i.e. after 6:00pm)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...