UKC

What do you wear on a day to day basis?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 05 Dec 2013
Evening folks,
I reckon I must be a stay at home dad scruff.

Summer, normally, from end of April until end of September, flip flops board shorts and a t shirt, maybe some sort of hoody.

Winter, baggy jeans, t shirt, converse trainers (although walking boots at the moment to balance out my snapped achilles aircast walking boot) and some sort of fleece, down jacket, waterproof, depending on the weather.

Maybe I'm just a lazy dresser!
 climbingpixie 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Mon-Thurs - smartish trousers, smartish top, low heels (unless I'm working from home, like today, in which case it's as below or possibly just pajamas)

Fri/Sat/Sun - jeans/leggings, t-shirt, fleece/hoodie and trainers or boots

There are mutterings at my workplace that as we move into 'agile working' (whatever the hell that is - seems to involve laptops, wifi and 'facetime') we are going to have 'dress down Friday' every day. I'm inordinately happy about being able to look like a scruff every day
 Kimono 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

shorts, t-shirt, flipflops
every day through the winter

ps am not in the UK!
OP Denni 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:

You're just showing off!
 Dax H 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:
Weekdays, steel toe boots, black work trousers, black polo shirt with company logo. (in winter I add a vest under the polo).
Weekend, bike boots, kevlar jeans and jacket (gortex gear in winter)

Kimono 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Actually, im even lying! I had a waterproof on over my tshirt and shorts this morning as it was pissing down!
Now its nice and sunny again though
 Bimble 05 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Depends, my weeks are never structured in the same way with regard to what I'm doing each day.
If I'm in school, then shirt, tie and trousers with smart shoes.
Photo jobs vary between jeans, polo shirt & trainers to shirt, trousers & shoes (no tie).
The rest of the time, I'll be out in the woods or fields, so old combats, fleece, my beloved Ridgeline smock, and Aigle wellies, which are unbelievably comfy.
 teflonpete 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

I'm a scruff. Jeans, sweatshirt and approach shoes during the week, same at weekends or substitute jeans for trackie bottoms indoors.

I did start wearing chinos and shirts when I first took over in my current role at work but grovelling about under machines and getting splashes of sulphuric acid and colour developer on decent clothes made me decide to go back to cheap jeans.
 The New NickB 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Suit and shirt, no tie at work. The rest of the time, more than likely a pair of jeans with a t-shirt or maybe a shirt, approach shoes or boots, jumpers, coats ect to suit th weather. Being a runner and cyclist, I spend at least a couple of hours each day in Lycra.
 Neil Williams 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:
Depends where I am.

Work, shirt and trousers/chinos. Pretty much never a jacket as the first thing I ever do if I do wear one is take it off because I get too hot. Very rarely a tie.

Anywhere else I need to look presentable, jeans/chinos and polo or T-shirt or (on a night out) shirt.

At home, T-shirt and jogging bottoms.

Shoes if required (work, night out) otherwise approach shoes or trainers.

So I suppose a natural scruff

Neil
Post edited at 09:25
In reply to The New NickB:

you should have left the "being a runner / cyclist" bit out
 Tall Clare 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Today I'm teaching so am vaguely respectable - jumper, denim miniskirt, boots. Most of the time I work from home so live in jeans and hoodies. Getting dressed up is my idea of hell.
OP Denni 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

I agree with you. I detest having to wear something smart. Putting a suit on makes me feel really uncomfortable,

What do you teach if you don't mind me asking?
 Blue Straggler 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

I dress casually for work. Sometimes I wear a proper shirt and smarter trousers. Maybe even leather shoes (rare). On those occasions, my witless boss makes some inane smarmy comment with an annoying inflection "ooh, looking smart today". Without fail, I always just retort "I am smart EVERY day". I am sure this endears me to the boss.
Jimbo W 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

T shirt, jeans, hoody, odd socks, trainers.

Or work:
Long sleeve shirt, no tie, suit trousers, odd socks, simple black Ecco shoes.
 hokkyokusei 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Jeans, t-shirt and trainers most days. Occasionally, trousers for work. Very occasionally a shirt. On extraordinary occasions, a jacket for which I will also don shoes.
cb294 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Currently:

Fjällräven Shirt, Mammut bouldering pants (beats everything for convenience), hand knit woolen socks and Keen sandals (yes I am German....)

CB

freerangecat 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

For work, I swap between grey/black Next trousers and one of about 7 tops, which are a mix of short, 3/4 or long sleeved, vaguely moving through from shorter to longer sleeves as it gets colder. I could never work out how women in the office managed whole new outfits every day - for me it was almost 'it's Monday so it must be blue top day' (not quite that bad, but close!). Simple earrings and a necklace every day, to balance out the fact I never wear make up.

Been off ill for 6 months and progressed from jamas to shorts and strappy tops when it was really hot to jeans and a hoody every day now. When I was well I wore base layers a lot more at weekends, particularly as I cycled everywhere and got a bit sweaty. Feels wrong to wear them at the moment though.
 Tall Clare 06 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Photography, on an ad hoc basis at Sheffield Hallam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...