UKC

Pick a lens for my Canon please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveriley 06 Dec 2013
I have a Canon 450D and a ragbag of lenses (all Canon) that I should probably rationalise...
original 55-88mm kit lens (useful general range, bit short)
50mm 1.8 prime (don't use that often but like, cheap enough anyway)
28-80mm (3.5-5.6). Old, came with the EOS500 I got second hand 10 years ago. Don't know how long previous owner had it.
80-200mm (4.5-5.6). Same again, unknown age.

Something that will replace one or more of the zooms. Don't want to spend a fortune. Say 200 quid would be nice. Will continue faffing around changing lenses if any replacement isn't actually that much better. Will I notice a decent boost from a new lens?

Don't ask me what I want them for. Pictures really
 seanjc 06 Dec 2013
In reply to SteveRi:

I have one of these and absolutely love it: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-S-15-85mm-f-3.5-5.6-IS-... can't remember how much it was, or what they go for now, but can't recommend it highly enough
 due 06 Dec 2013
In reply to SteveRi:

The Canon 40mm pancake is a billy bargain, much more useable day to day than the 50mm. They're running a rebate on them at the moment bringing it near to £100.
OP steveriley 06 Dec 2013
Thanks both. That zoom looks really nice, but about £500. That puts it in 'ignore the problem and carry on for now' territory. The 40mm lens is comedy small - I thought the 50mm was small

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...