UKC

coire cas car park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marzi 07 Dec 2013
Is the car park accessible 24hrs? or do they close the road overnight? Ive seen a barrier there a couple of times blocking access to the car park.

Planning a early start next week to beat the (possible) crowds if the weathers good and routes are in. Also maybe a trek over to loch avon to hells lum and worried about getting back in time if they close access back to aviemore.
 Cameron94 07 Dec 2013
In reply to steve maher:

I've turned up at 4am and left it at 11 pm so I'm guessing they leave it open but close it if there's too much snow on the road.

Give them a call on 01479 861261
 Michael Gordon 07 Dec 2013
In reply to steve maher:

pretty sure it's always open
 kemmar 07 Dec 2013
In reply to steve maher:

Done it a few times to avoid delays in the morning with the snowgates and had no probs regarding permission or being locked in. But one time i slept soundly through a blizzard. By morning the plough had built walls of snow higher than the car on 3 sides of it. Also, the engine compartment was filled to the brim with driven snow.
 Northsea 07 Dec 2013
In reply to steve maher:

Suggest you check the forecast for the week and dig out your rock boots...Hells Lum more reliant on freeze/thaw and significant snow to bring into condition.
OP marzi 08 Dec 2013
In reply to steve maher:

yes weather looking a bit warm, so Ill probably leave it untill feb/march.

Anyway, I mailed the ski park and they said its open 24hr except if its too icy or windy or snowed in.
 Wee Davie 08 Dec 2013
In reply to steve maher:

I've turned up to find the gates shut on a good few occasions (usually heavy snow and windy conditions).

One time me and a mate managed to blag a lift on the ski worker's bus which was the only thing being allowed up apart from the ploughs.

We were late getting started and, unfortunately, by the time we got back to the centre it was dark and we'd missed the bus back down. The walk back down to Glen More was a real killer in plastic boots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...