UKC

iphone charging problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kimono 07 Dec 2013
Here's a bit of a strange one....
2 days ago my iphone 4S was behaving completely normally and charging as usual when plugged in.
Then, from one charge to the next it stops charging normally and will only charge when switched off!
I took it to a phone fixer and he plugged it into a new (apple) cable and it acted as normal and started charging.

Confused!
Anyone had or heard of similar issues?
Simos 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:

Does it tell you something like 'accessory not supported'?
OP Kimono 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:

no message....just doesnt charge
 Tom Daniel 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:
Try cleaning the port, if you put your phone in your pocket it can collect fluff which gets stuck in the port and stops the connections working properly. Use a paperclip or similar to get the fluff out. Other than that i would suggest getting a new charger
Post edited at 17:14
In reply to Kimono:

iPhone connectors can be iffy. We had one that came with a non-apple accessory that worked intermittently, often with a message 'device not supported'. Another I bought as a 'shopping basket extra' because it was only 99p turned out to be over-priced at that since it didn't work at all despite looking perfectly normal.

I would suggest getting a new expensive Apple cable since that obviously seemed to fix it. Don't be tempted to buy a cheaper one though.

Alan
 sargy 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:

I've had this issue on both my last two iPhones. Dodgy charging cables in both cases. Odd as as you say, they would charge when switched off....
OP Kimono 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

ok, sound advice Alan and others...gracias
 Carolyn 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:

Yes, agreed - try cleaning fluff out of the charging socket (eg with a pin), and if that doesn't work, try a new lead....
Simos 07 Dec 2013
In reply to Kimono:

There's lots of rubbish info in apple forums etc on such problems (press button X for Y seconds and them spit on the phone and it will charge), I am pretty sure that most of the time a new charger would solve the problem. Cleaning the phone port can

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...