UKC

Recommend me some tough gaiters .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
SethChili 07 Dec 2013
After a couple of years of trashing a very clammy pair of gelert gaiters ,I've decided it is time for a change .
They need to be stay up on my legs , be waterproof and pretty tough as they will be dragged through every imaginable type of nastiness .
Any suggestions ?
 Denni 07 Dec 2013
In reply to SethChili:

OR Crocodiles, the absolute dogs nads.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zk2B14_H5ig&
 The Potato 07 Dec 2013
In reply to SethChili:

cheapest toughest ones Ive ever used are british army gaiters - can get them cheap on ebay, search army goretex gaiters or dpm gaiters
 alasdair19 07 Dec 2013
In reply to SethChili:
I use short breathable decathalon ones last reasonably well given the keen pricing.
 forcan 07 Dec 2013
In reply to SethChili:

I have a pair of Berghaus GTX gaiters - tough material, close fitting and stay up on my legs all day. Very neat fit round my boots.
 ben b 08 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Crocodiles - seconded.

No zips to break, replaceable straps on the heavier versions, breathable, trim fitting, none of that baggy elastic halfway down etc.

I haven't found anything better since my first pair circa 1993.

b
 sbc_10 08 Dec 2013
In reply to SethChili:

Yep, Crocodiles. Mine have outlasted two pairs of Charmoz boots.
Careful with the sizing. I got the largest size to fit over telemark boots (buckles and all) and they were big on my normal scrambling scarpas.
SethChili 08 Dec 2013
In reply to SethChili:

Well , it looks like that crocodile gaiters would fit the bill very nicely . I think I'd also appreciate the extra height and crampon protection they give .
Thanks for replying people .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...