UKC

Vignemale. Prince de la Moskowa route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 07 Dec 2013
I know ther are some UKCers who live in or visit the Pyrenees. Has anyone climbed the Vignemale by the Prince de la Moskowa route? Wondering how "difficult" it is. Just seen a Youtube clip and it doesn't seem to be much more than a scramble.

Grateful for info.
OP FesteringSore 08 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

Bump

Rebump
I suppose nobody's heard of the Prince de la Moskowa route
 tintinandpip 08 Dec 2013

Not much use to you but I have looked in the Derek Walker book Rock Climbs in the Pyrenees and that route is not listed. (This is an old Cicerone guide from 1990.)
Similarly no reference to it in The Pyrenees by Kev Reynolds ( A great book if you have not seen it giving a general overview of walking and easier climbs, published by Cicerone)

Try www.camptocamp.org there may be some info on there about it ? There are certaining some inspiring pictures of some of the routes on Vignemale which have been up loaded from people who have done the routes recently so you might be able to find an alternative that has up to date info ?

I was going to go there this summer but on route we climbed at the Aiguestortes NP which was so good we stayed there for the rest of the trip.

tintinandpip 08 Dec 2013

Just had a look on camptocamp

http://www.camptocamp.org/routes/54485/en/vignemale-pique-longue-voie-de-la...

Hopefully this is what you want !

You have inspired me on a very wet and miserable Cumbrian afternoon. Not sure exactly what you want to do but we planned to visit a crag called Grand Pic d'Espade which has some fantastic looking multi pitch granite, again just search on camptocamp for topos and pictures.
In reply to tintinandpip:
Many thanks for that. I was in Aigues Torte last year. Lovely area
 Paul Bennett 08 Dec 2013

I have not done the route but I did find it in my 1988 Pyrenees West Guide (Gastons West Col Publications). It is graded AD-. There is one short section of II immediately followed by a chimney at III (UIAA). This section is about 50 metres long and the chimney is described as poor rock and rope advisable.

Paul

In reply to Paulinho:

Think I'll do the voie normale ;o|

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...