UKC

Wireless hard drive for laptop, iPad etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jussy 07 Dec 2013
Can anyone recommend a wireless / wifi hard drive? Looking to get something with large storage (around 3TB) which can cope with baking up both PC, Macs, iPads etc and will allow both USB and Wireless data backup. It is for photo's, music, work files etc...
The WD MyBook and Seagate4TB Central Wireless Hard Drive seem to be good but have quite mixed reviews… ANy personal recommendations? Thanks
OP jussy 08 Dec 2013
In reply to icnoble:

Thanks for the reply. That's a bit out of my budget. Was willing to spend up to 175 GBP…
Any other recommendations?

The Lemming 08 Dec 2013
In reply to jussy:

How about a Network Hard Drive? Its like Network Storage, but only has one hard drive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personal-Cloud-Storage-Network-Attached/dp/B004DTXF...
 Rich W Parker 08 Dec 2013
In reply to jussy: Seagate are the business. There's an APP for use with iPad etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STCG4000200-Central-Wireless-Drive/dp/B00BP...
 JoshOvki 08 Dec 2013
In reply to jussy:

Might be worth checking if your router has a built in USB port and allows for being used as a NAS? Mine from EE does, so did the one we had in the old house from BT.
 SteveD 08 Dec 2013
In reply to jussy:

Have a look at the QNAP solutions, everything from single disk enclosures up to terrabyte raid solutions.

Steve D
 climber david 08 Dec 2013
In reply to jussy:

i got a WD mybook network one. Fits all your criteria apart from your USB backup option and the fact you need to connect it via ethernet to your wireless router.

3TB storage, ethernet connection, does mac and PC simultaneously, supports multiple users, allows backup over wifi or ethernet connected to router, apps for ipad/ipod/iphone/android. Only thing I havent figured out is how to backup the android tablet to it.

Really easy to set up and users/priveleges managed through internet browser

Hope that helps

David
OP jussy 09 Dec 2013
In reply to climber david:

Thanks for all the replies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...