UKC

Mt. Kenya

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
wildirishman 08 Dec 2013
I am off to Kenya next weekend. I have been trying to find a suitable map and for Mt Kenya. I will be climbing all three peaks. Recommendations please.
 petestack 08 Dec 2013
In reply to wildirishman:

Better get it ordered quick, then!

http://www.ewpnet.com/Kenyamap.asp

If you want a full guide as well, I'd recommend the Iain Allan (Mountain Club of Kenya) one over the Cameron Burns.
wildirishman 08 Dec 2013
In reply to petestack:

Am told this would not arrive on time. Will look into the Iain Allan guide.

Thanks for the quick response.
wildirishman 08 Dec 2013
In reply to petestack:

By any chance, have you a copy of the map, would be happy to take it off your hands.....
 Solaris 08 Dec 2013

Petestack makes good recommendations.

If you're deserate it might be worth going to a local bookshop and having a look at ordinary travel guides (eg Lonely Planet): they sometimes have adequate maps. However, I wouldn't attempt any route on Batian, Nelion, or even Pt Lenana without a climbing guidebook. The Wielokowski (sp.) map that Petestack linked to is a pretty simple fold-out sheet (iirc), so it may be worth giving him a ring to see if he could send you a scan.

HTH
wildirishman 08 Dec 2013
In reply to Solaris:

Have purchased the Iain Allan book today.....now if I could just get that map....
 petestack 08 Dec 2013

> By any chance, have you a copy of the map, would be happy to take it off your hands.....

I do, but was keeping it for next time! Surprised you can't get it from EWP quick enough (did you ask them direct?), but might consider selling if you're prepared to pay new price for a used one. Except that I can't guarantee delivery by the weekend either (could only post and hope)! Unless you can collect from Lochaber?

Can't say I fancy scanning it when (quite apart from the copyright issues) each side would require about nine A4 scans!
wildirishman 08 Dec 2013
In reply to petestack:

Thanks Pete.

Decided earlier to order from EWP, just hope it arrives on time, thanks for the offer anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...