UKC

Were you climbing in Avon Gorge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 08 Dec 2013
Not 100% sure this is posted in the correct room...

If you were climbing the arête under the suspension bridge today I have a couple of longish range photos of you. I was walking with la familia on the other side of the river.

PM me for copies
 bpmclimb 10 Dec 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:

No Sunday 8th ascents logged of any of the more popular routes.
 The Pylon King 10 Dec 2013
In reply to bpmclimb:

> No Sunday 8th ascents logged of any of the more popular routes.

Are you seriously suggesting that some climbers don't log their ascents on ukc?

In reply to bpmclimb:

The guys PM'd me and I sent them the pics.

They were on Suspension Bridge Arete as I passed them.
 bpmclimb 11 Dec 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:
> Are you seriously suggesting that some climbers don't log their ascents on ukc?

Many climbers don't, of course - but I'd suggest most of those also don't read the UKC forums. Admittedly, there are some who read the UKC forums but don't keep a regular log there. Tony the Blade included, apparently
Post edited at 10:41
 d_b 11 Dec 2013
In reply to bpmclimb:

I think a lot of people only log the memorable ones. I know I only bother to log a route if I have had a particularly good or bad day.
 MischaHY 11 Dec 2013
In reply to davidbeynon:

I did that when I started trad, and then started logging everything obsessively when I was doing my SPA. Motivation is a wonderful thing :')
In reply to bpmclimb:

> there are some who read the UKC forums but don't keep a regular log there. Tony the Blade included, apparently

I'm also no longer 45 y/o... I really don't bother changing profile nor updating my climbing log on here.
 The Pylon King 11 Dec 2013

> I'm also no longer 45 y/o... I really don't bother changing profile nor updating my climbing log on here.

loser
In reply to The Pylon King:

> loser

Huh?
 bpmclimb 13 Dec 2013

I put everything in my log and keep it up-to-date; probably my OCD at work. My profile does get out date from time to time though.

There's yet another category of logbook user: people who log hundreds of climbs they almost certainly haven't done. I've come across at least one of those. The charitable conclusion is that they've somehow mixed up logbook and wish list

> Huh?

I think your ironymeter may require recalibration. I believe PK's point was that he approves of your having better things to do in life than update your profiles on internet sites and/or record the details of your climbing career on same.

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...