UKC

Beta Stick v's Trango Squid

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sean1 09 Dec 2013
Hi,
Thinking of getting a clip stick. Has anyone used either or both of the Beta Stick or Trango Squid?
Thanks for any replies.
 GridNorth 09 Dec 2013
In reply to sean1:

I made my own. Mad Rock make a krab with a lever on the side that holds the gate open. I passed a 30cm sling through some plastic tubing and secured it to one with rubber almagamating tape and a captive krab, using an "O" ring at the other end. This gives me a 40 cm cheating stick which will also slot onto the end of some tent poles. These are lightweight and held together with steel wire through the middle which is looped at the end. By pulling on the loop the sections are drawn together like on an avalanche probe and hold the poles in tension. It's lighter and more compact than the commercial sticks but a little less rigid.
 GridNorth 09 Dec 2013
In reply to sean1:

This is the krab. youtube.com/watch?v=B83aETezr0s&

They are available on eBay but UKC is not letting me post the link. The whole thing cost less than £20.00
 CurlyStevo 09 Dec 2013
In reply to sean1:

Beta Stick (standard) seems to be pretty robust and do the trick, although it doesn't work with some of my wire gates (the dmm shields), it should be fine with most wiregates though, that said its a tad better with solid gates in general.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...