UKC

Today's Bing Photo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 09 Dec 2013
... looks pretty interesting.

Thought it was Telendos at first glance, but it's apparently Le Morne Brabant Mountain in the Mauritius. Has anyone been there?

http://www.bing.com
 The Pylon King 09 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

its a bird
 BnB 09 Dec 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

Yep. Definitely a bird.
 rallymania 09 Dec 2013
In reply to BnB:

no!

it's a branch... with a bird on it!

sheesh
 Toby S 09 Dec 2013
In reply to rallymania:

It's a Redpoll on a branch.
 Ray Sharples 09 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:
I've walked round it. There are some impressive cliffs/spires in Mauritius (check out Pieter Both) but a lot of them look too loose to have much decent climbing. Its a relatively young volcanic island. Reunion 150 miles to the south west is a better bet for climbing.
Post edited at 23:49
Andy Gamisou 10 Dec 2013
In reply to Ray Sharples:

Cheers.
 ablackett 10 Dec 2013
In reply to The Pylon King:

I reckon it's a forest road with the light coming through the trees.

Good game this, like one of those magic eye photos.
Andy Gamisou 10 Dec 2013
In reply to ablackett:

Today was yesterday, so it's not the same picture. Also, I'm in a different time zone to UK so today was still today in the UK when to me it was yesterday (by today I mean yesterday). So some of you are seeing tomorrow's picture, not today's (although by tomorrow I mean today, and by today I mean yesterday). Assume this is now all clear.
 drolex 10 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

If today were yesterday that would make tomorrow today hence tomorrow is yesterday and today is today. You might be living in a time zone where time goes the wrong way (Kensington?).

Of course you'll see this message yesterday.
Jim C 10 Dec 2013
In reply to drolex:

> If today were yesterday that would make tomorrow today hence tomorrow is yesterday and today is today. You might be living in a time zone where time goes the wrong way (Kensington?).

> Of course you'll see this message yesterday.

I was always told 'Tomorrow never comes.'

Prov. When the day arrives that you are now calling "tomorrow," you will call that day "today" and a different day will be called "tomorrow."
(Therefore, you should not resolve to do something tomorrow, since that day will never arrive.)
Andy Gamisou 10 Dec 2013
In reply to drolex:

> If today were yesterday that would make tomorrow today hence tomorrow is yesterday and today is today. You might be living in a time zone where time goes the wrong way (Kensington?).

> Of course you'll see this message yesterday.

Actually I saw it before you posted it.
 krikoman 11 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

Edinburgh Castle
Andy Gamisou 11 Dec 2013
In reply to krikoman:

Now you're just trying to annoy me
 Guy 11 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

Can't see that pic but have been to le Morne. It is a kitesurf mecca around there with great flat water trick spots which are also good for beginners and then a 1/2 mile out there are some epic waves. The mountain itself is heavily vegetated and private. You can hire a guide to take you up to see the views and visit the old pirate caves.
 krikoman 17 Dec 2013
In reply to AndrewW:

A forest in Alaska

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...