UKC

Morzine/17th Jan cheap hangouts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 trystan 09 Dec 2013
Hello people,
I'm currently living in morzine and need to find somewhere to live for a week in Jan from the 17th-25th. Does anyone know of any cheap hangouts?
 woolsack 12 Dec 2013
In reply to trystan:

Can't help with your search but will take this opportunity to ask, I'm escaping the UK over Christmas and was thinking about heading to Avoriaz or Morzine over Christmas in a camper.

a) will the lifts be open Christmas day and
b) what's there for camper RV parking?
johnj 12 Dec 2013
In reply to trystan:

There's a English guy with a bunkhouse down at the bottom of the hill near Montriond, 4km from Morzine centre. But I don't know any more detail than that, the only thing I could do to find out would be call my old mate Daz at http://www.thegreatescapemorzine.co.uk and ask him for his details, Darren runs various things so probably would be able to advise if you gave him a bell.
johnj 12 Dec 2013
In reply to woolsack:

Eyup Woolly, there's a lot of car parks out there at bottom of ski stations you'd be fine moving around for no rent, I don't know about power hook ups, lifts well be open.
johnj 12 Dec 2013
In reply to trystan:

Have you still got those old tele boots?
 woolsack 12 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

We're pretty self sufficient so I won't need hookup. I'll have a look in my Aires book as that often has some ski stations in
 Gael Force 12 Dec 2013
In reply to woolsack:

They're charging in a lot of the car parks now in Morzine area, new barriers working today...
johnj 12 Dec 2013
In reply to woolsack:

There a big car park up at Avoriaz, a bigish one, further up the valley from Morzine toward lac des mine d'or, a big one up at La Linderets, plus lots of places, side of road further down valley as Les Gets. I've never been there in the winter, just a few summer seasons, With a bit of planning and a list of possible single overnighters, you may even manage a night or two in central car park in morzine down near swimming pool and you could keep on moving and live on the road no probs,
OP trystan 13 Dec 2013
In reply to johnj:

Cheers for the info people. JohnJ I have the old tele boots but they're at my folks house in north wales
johnj 13 Dec 2013
In reply to trystan:

Hello trystan, assuming you're still happy to let them go. If I was to send cash for postage would it be possible to get them delivered, or would they need collecting?
aligibb 14 Dec 2013
In reply to woolsack:

Hi Woolsack. There is a big parking area for campers in Chatel at Pre la Joux which links straight in to Linderets and then Avoriaz. Though the skiings generally a bit quieter and better (my opinion after a few years out here) PM me if you want some more info. Ali
 woolsack 16 Dec 2013
In reply to aligibb:

Cheers, that sounds ideal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...