UKC

Rucksack recycling

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cornishlee 09 Dec 2013
Does anybody know anyone who'll take knackered packs? Seems a shame to throw them in landfill.
 Denni 09 Dec 2013
In reply to cornishlee:

Recycle Old Gear:

http://recycleoutdoorgear.com/

Got rid of bucketloads of old Scout tents to very willing individuals and groups.
OP cornishlee 09 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Thanks for that Denni, a useful site. Looking at the FAQ though, 'most preloved gently used unwanted outdoor clothing and equipment' is probably a description that precludes my day pack. It's only going because it has to - it's literally falling apart.
 Denni 09 Dec 2013
In reply to cornishlee:

No worries mate, it is a good resource.
A lot of my tents were falling apart but a few groups took them to repair, use as temp shelters, improvisation etc so you never know!
OP cornishlee 09 Dec 2013
In reply to Denni:

Thanks again. I may put it on there if no-one else can suggest anything. I thought about getting it repaired myself but gave up on the idea when I realised that it would cost about the same as buying a new one!
 marsbar 09 Dec 2013
In reply to cornishlee:

It can probably go in a textile recycling bank, depending on your area. You may need to cut off any plastic and metal bits and recycle them separately.
OP cornishlee 10 Dec 2013
In reply to marsbar:

That's a good shout. I'll have a look on the council website; there must be a textile recycling bank somewhere near me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...