UKC

Whisky deals!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jimbo W 12 Dec 2013
So what deals are out there? Asda has Auchentoshan for £22, and more up my street is Old Pultney for £21, but have had this a few times over the last few years. Anyone know of what is appearing in Lidl? What other deals have people spotted for a treat over Christmas?
 CarolineMc 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Sainsburys had Jura for £24 the other day! Co:
 Fredt 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Talisker for £26 at Waitrose.
 Fredt 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Not really, it only shows three supermarkets.
 Kimono 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Fredt:

but it does throw up this:

Bowmore Small Batch Reserve 70Cl
SAVE £8.00 Was £33.00 Now £25.00 valid from 4/12/2013 until 25/12/2013

which looks like a nice xmas buy
Jimbo W 12 Dec 2013

It's a start, but only covers a few supermarkets, but I'm curious about deals from anywhere, not to mention a bit if curiosity about what others might be going for as a treat over Xmas!
 Scott K 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W: What about this? Expected to go for £15,000 at auction!!

http://www.worldslargestscotchwhisky.com/

Bottle is 132cm high and hold just over 100 l. That would be an Xmas you might never remember.
 Toby S 12 Dec 2013

That's a very useful link! Aberlour a'bunadh going for £36 at Tesco at the moment. That'll do nicely.
 jayjackson 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Scott K:

Bargin eh?!

Used this website before, but not seeing any particularly good deals at the moment. They do crop up from time to time though, so it's worth checking...

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/C-40.aspx?filter=true
In reply to Jimbo W:

> So what deals are out there? Asda has Auchentoshan for £22, and more up my street is Old Pultney for £21,

God I hate you all!!

Auchentoshan $59.99 (32 quid.)

http://danmurphys.com.au/

Old Pultney $74.99 (40 quid.)
 sargy 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Booths as ever has some cracking deals- particularly Ardbeg for around £34...
Slugain Howff 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Fredt:

> Not really, it only shows three supermarkets.

If you weren't so abrupt and hasty you would have found, as Toby did, some keenly priced quality drams in there.

s
 BnB 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Toby S:

> That's a very useful link! Aberlour a'bunadh going for £36 at Tesco at the moment. That'll do nicely.

Top wee dram, that one.

The 12 year old single Aberlour is only £22 at the Coop. And as it tastes of Christmas cake and orange peel, how apt for the time of year.

I'll take both.
 FrankBooth 12 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

I bought a bottle of Highland Park a fortnight ago for £26 (Sainos I think). Unfortunately my go has put me on a new migraine medication that doesn't mix with booze...
 Dan_S 12 Dec 2013
In reply to BnB:

> The 12 year old single Aberlour is only £22 at the Coop. And as it tastes of Christmas cake and orange peel, how apt for the time of year.

They've also got the 12 y/o Glenlivet and Jura Origin for £22
Jimbo W 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Toby S:

lfw.co.uk have some tempters:
http://lfw.co.uk/acatalog/deals.html

esp the Cragganmore 12 below £30, abd Glenfarclas 105 at £38
 Sl@te Head 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

I'm close to finishing off a bottle of Lidl's limited edition Maxwell 33 Yr, which by a long way is the best whisky I've ever had. It was highly rated, it sold for £39.95 but was apparently worth over £100, with many swapping hands for more on ebay.

Does anyone know about this years Aldi / Lidl specials?
 Toby S 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Dan_S:

Aye, noticed that the coop round here is surprisingly competitive. They've got the same deals in the two new shops in the Sneck.
 Matt Buchanan 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Tesco has Jura Origin for £20 and Talisker for £25

Christmas Talisker bought today!
 Lew13 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Picked up a bottle of Jura for £20 from Tesco's!
In reply to Jimbo W:

I still hate the lot of you.
 Doug 14 Dec 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

Bought a bottle of Bowmore for €20 at Auchan yesterday, supposedly reduced from €29 to celebrate the new shop opening.
In reply to Doug:

Bowmore is always on special offer at one of the big supermarkets, same for Jura, Highland Park, Old Pultney, Highland Park, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, and Talisker - RRP doesn't really exist for those whiskies. You would only ever pay full price if absolutely desperate and unable to walk across town to another supermarket.

Booths and Waitrose admittedly do have some more "special" offers for Christmas - reductions on whiskies that are rarely discounted. Ardbeg, Aberlour 16 (down to £33 from £50), Laphroig QC and Ancnoc all cheap at Booths. Waitrose have Glenfarclas 12 (which I've never seen reduced before) and Glenlivet Naddurra 16 (down to £38 from around £50) amongst many others.
 Tom Valentine 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

Any idea how much cheaper all these bargain malts would be without the ludicrously wasteful packaging?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...