UKC

First responder bag needed... Model suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave B 13 Dec 2013
Hi all,

Using the ukc font of all knowledge.

Suggestions please for a responder bag, preferably a backpack for first aid equipment including...

Really like most of these...
BBP resistant material if we can
Internal holder for CD oxygen cylinder
Internal and external pockets for kit (Velcro in ones)

Be nice if it had
External pocket for zoll aed plus defib and kit

Comes in red...

Not too big for the smaller of our lifeguards. The standard RNLI bag is huge and is not great for smaller people who need to train and use the bag when filled.

I've got a few ideas, but if you have others , then let me know them. I haven't found the perfect bag yet, as the one I've seen isn't wipe clean BBP material (if you know what I mean)

If needs be then we can have the aed separate, but I'd like to make it one if we can so that one guard can get it to the casualty if another is dealing with them, even if it means scrambling over rocks etc, where two hands are needed...

Cheers

Djb
 annieman 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

SP services have a large range of backpacks.

I'm guessing that you knew that. Pretty expensive ones at that.

Good luck with your search.

Robin
OP Dave B 13 Dec 2013
In reply to annieman:

Yes, we are looking at a couple of models there. I an staggered how much you can spend.
 Carolyn 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

Don't think there's anything that meats your requirements, but Aiguille are common amongst MRT http://www.aiguillealpine.co.uk/shop/9/

There was another small (new?) Lakes based brand being mentioned at a recent practice, that certainly did sacs that included a compartment for an oxygen cylinder. Unhelpfully, I can't remember their name!
OP Dave B 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Carolyn:

Thanks Carolyn. If you do recall the name, I'd be interested.

So far it's looking like the

http://www.m.spservices.co.uk/item/Brand_FirstResponderAEDOxygenBackpack_35...

Bag closest matches what we want... Except the BBP requirement...

It's a shame that statpaks aren't up to holder our CD O2 from what I can see..

mattc 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

Hi boreal make a crag bag the hole thing opens up so you can get ur gear and you can carry it like a holdall(but is a backpack). It's got a few ziped compartments in it so u can keep your gear separate
 Bimble 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

5.11 make some great gear that lasts, this looks about right for your purposes
http://www.511tactical.com/responder-84-als-backpack.html
 Denni 13 Dec 2013
In reply to TryfAndy:

As above. My mate works at Sunshine Village ski resort in Banff as a Ski Patroller instructor and big mountain rescue chief and they use 5.11 EMT bags.

Really well thought out bits of kit not un-similar to militry issue ones. I think the ones they use are slightly modified to their requirements as they have SP stash compartments for shovel, probe etc.
OP Dave B 13 Dec 2013
In reply to due:

Thanks guys. While the 5.11 pack looks good, I think it looks more like it'll be useful if you're yomping your pack over some distance or carrying it for a long time. We'll be moving with it for maybe a mile at most, mostly much less... At most 400m rom a base to an incident once it occurs so perhaps overly feature packed for what we want. Food for thought though.

climber david 13 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

I saw these at the ESS this year and was really impressed with them. No straps for oxygen bottle but would still fit in easy. The defibs we use are the phillips ones which would fit in the front pocket but I'm not sure how much bigger the zoll ones are. If they arent too much bigger then you should be fine. Loads of space inside and pretty good to carry. Made of a tarpaulin type material so pretty good for bbp wipe downs. Not sure if theres any standards for bbp though

A lot of the Statpacks bags come in BBP resistant options so if you can find one which meets the rest of your requirements then your laughing (unless budget is an issue!!)

David
 tipsy 14 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

Pax make some fantastic bags. Pretty much meets all requirements other than AED. They do a seperate one for that. http://www.spservices.co.uk/browse/PAXBags_0_24_24_ex_12.html
 Carolyn 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:
> Thanks Carolyn. If you do recall the name, I'd be interested.

Hopefully I'll find out tonight - we've got a medical committee meeting, and I'll try and remember to ask!
OP Dave B 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Carolyn et al:

Cheers Guys. I think I may have found something, but will wait to see if Carolyn comes back with the killer answer before I get the CC out...

yeti 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

if you can't find anything to suit, I may be able to make one to whatever

shape and size you want, though I don't know about BBP...
 climber david 16 Dec 2013
In reply to climber david:

Just seen this on ebay when looking for a bag for myself

item number: 300915841612

Looks alright though I'm not sure I appreciate the oxygen bottle straps

David

P.S. cant post ebay links due to forum rules
OP Dave B 17 Dec 2013
In reply to climber david:

There's a similar one by them, which looks about right... Vertical internal oxygen for a cd... Possible smaller, but looks ok to me...

OP Dave B 18 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

I've ordered a SWIFT primo in red from ebay for first medical supplies... I'll see what it's like and give some feedback to you guys. It's a good price and if it suits our purposes will allow us to have a couple of bags, with one for stock, rather than having just the one for the money...

Now onto BOC about lifeline oxygen... It's fun spending someone else's money!
3414peterk 18 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

Dave,

Try Lyon Equipment if decide you still need something making to fit.

They work with the Coast Guard and most MRT's etc.

Cheers

Pete
OP Dave B 18 Dec 2013
In reply to 3414peterk:

Ta

snapperdan 18 Dec 2013
In reply to Dave B:

Have you had a look at Aiguille Alpine in the Lakes. http://www.aiguillealpine.co.uk/shop/9/

Really great quality customisable, reasonably priced and made in England.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...