UKC

New Harvey's Cuillin map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nathan Adam 14 Dec 2013
New and updated Cuillin map from Harvey's. Anyone who does stuff on Skye and the ridge will find these maps and the updates pretty useful, and just in time for the new winter season !

Mike Lates has done a bit of write up on his blog here;

http://skyeguides.co.uk/harveys-cuillin-map-updates-2014/
 Mike Lates 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Nath93:

The new editions will be on the shelves by the end of January.
 BnB 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Mike Lates:

Cheers Mike. Thanks for all your work on this.

Anyone watching Nathan and I trying to find the start of Window Buttress in a damp clag, apart from giggling at our ineptitude, would have recognised the value of a map which marks the bases of the major crags.

And that corner up to the "window" goes at a very "traditional" vdiff in the wet doesn't it
 Mike Lates 16 Dec 2013
In reply to BnB:

The Window was a legendary testpiece in years gone by, wet or dry. Big hex, fist jam, get the feet to stick then try to avoid wedging your head in the horizontal break with legs flailing
Glad to hear it provided some very difficult entertainment.
OP Nathan Adam 16 Dec 2013
In reply to BnB:

Yep, that was a pretty funny day eh mate ? You seemed to get the most enjoyable pitches and then i got spanked on that corner. Will be back for it eventually ha !

Thanks for the shout on that corner Mike, well psyched to get back and do some more rock routes next season.
 Brass Nipples 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Nath93:

Ha ha I remember taking my brother up window buttress in the wet in the 90's. We'd given him a borrowed builders hard hat to wear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...