UKC

chamonix march/april 2014 alpine trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darcan Graham 16 Dec 2013
hi, im looking to do some big routes in chamonix mid march to april for 4 weeks. looking to climb d+ routes and above if we get the chance. iv got some ideas but am mega open to any thing.wont be an expensive trip, not my style
 alasdair19 16 Dec 2013
In reply to Darcan Graham:

can you ski? If not getting to the bottom and off the top again is going to be tricky cause there's going to be a lot of snow. The usual method is to ski to bottom, climb then abseil back to skis.

I;ve tried snow shoeing it's pretty rubbish.
 frqnt 16 Dec 2013
I'm keen for sim. in February; http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=572079&v=1#x7602018 my dates are fixed, PM me if you're interested.
 Mr-Cowdrey 16 Dec 2013

Im keen and have some big route ideas! I'm looking at heading out 15th - 29th March. PM me and we can talk routes and plans etc
OP Darcan Graham 17 Dec 2013

ya i can ski. not a pro but its the climbs im really after
 smithaldo 17 Dec 2013
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

Having big route ideas is a little different to doing the cosmiques arete and a few winter climbs in wales.

If your profile is up to date I would maybe get some more experience before jumping into winter (well early spring) alpinism as it's alot different and the consequences of fu&^ing up are alot more serious.
 chris687 17 Dec 2013

Just emailed you.

If anyone else is interested in meeting up in March or the Summer then PM me (sorry for hijacking)
 Mr. Lee 19 Dec 2013

I'm keen and looking at early April.
Chesher cat 19 Dec 2013
chris687 - i'm out in the last week of june if that helps.

let us know

To All above- I'll be there Last week of Feb til early May. Keen for alpine and ice, off piste and touring. Get in touch- always good to have lots of partners and objectives.

Cheers,

Will

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...