UKC

Arva Equipment avalanche transceivers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 16 Dec 2013
Does anyone have any experience of Arva Equipment avalanche transceivers? How do they compare to other brands & models, like BCA's Tracker 2?

Thanks
Haggis Trap 17 Dec 2013

Arva are a long standing French brand, been making beacons for 20+ years.
Though never been popular outside France (which is odd as they make good kit).

The new Arva neo is apparently very good, and a little cheaper than the BCA T2. If I was buying a new beacon it would on my short list (along with the Mammut Element, BCA T2). If you are getting a new beacon then any of the modern digital beacons with 3 antenna's will be good. Multiple burial features are often used to differentiate models, but unlikely to be of real world use - better to go with a simple interface IMHO.
Haggis Trap 17 Dec 2013
Thumbs up for Arva below. Not used the new "neo" myself, but a friend had an older Evo model which was very good.

http://www.wildsnow.com/10613/arva-neo-avalanche-beacon-review/
 Carless 17 Dec 2013
In reply to Si Withington:

Have a look round http://beaconreviews.com/transceivers/Comparison.asp

The Neo scores very highly
 Gael Force 17 Dec 2013
In reply to Carless:

They are about £30 cheaper here in Decathalon in France than shops in the UK, including Decathalon UK, €198 and £189
 Davy Gunn 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Si Withington:

I sell all the major brands including the Neo. It has really impressed me being both fast and easy to use. It also has a mark feature alhtough this is not a feature that is a must. RRP is £225 but if ordered in advance and picked up from me I can knock a whack off. ARVA collaborate with Barryvox for the higher ned models and it would not surprise me that the insides of the Neo were the same as the Element
OP Si Withington 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Young Fox:

Cheers for this. I'll bear that offer in mind mate.

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...