UKC

Call Blocking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 18 Dec 2013
Mrs Sore keeps getting calls from a Manchester number(the number IS displayed) on her mobile. Invariably she misses the call but it seems to be one of these whereby if you answer it there is a recorded message.

Is there any way we can block calls from this number?
 cuppatea 18 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore:

If you can use the Avast! app there's an option to block individual numbers.
aultguish 18 Dec 2013

Does she have an iphone? There's an option on there and out of pure coincidence, the only number I have blocked on mine is a Manchester number, which would hassle me every Sunday morning with PPI cack.........no more tho )
OP FesteringSore 18 Dec 2013
In reply to aultguish:

> Does she have an iphone?

Just a bog standard samsung
KevinD 18 Dec 2013
OP FesteringSore 18 Dec 2013
In reply to dissonance:

> try this, Samsung option near the top.

Thanks but it's not an android
KevinD 18 Dec 2013

> Thanks but it's not an android

what variant is it then?
Best bet is to search for the manual, quite a few have blocking capability built in but not always easy to find.
 Mad Tommy 19 Dec 2013
I wonder whether this is the same Manchester number that is constantly ringing my home phone? I let it go to answerphone (I have caller display) and they never leave a message. A googlesearch suggested it was some dodgy financial services company that want to advise you on a pension plan, possibly selling your current pension plan to them so they can 'improve' the offer and/or release cash.
OP FesteringSore 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Mad Tommy:

It's 01616609092
 girlymonkey 19 Dec 2013

My very basic Samsung has a reject list. If you go into the call log and then options, there's the option to add to reject list. It does show up on the screen that they have tried to call but it doesnt ring and disturb you. I also stopped getting the calls quickly after, so I think it may tell them they are blocked.

> It's 01616609092

That number has been reported to belong to
SLM Connect,
One Central Park,
Northampton Road,
Manchester.
M40 5BP.
You could always ask them to stop and remove Mrs S's number from the database?
http://www.slmconnect.co.uk/contact/
 Escher 19 Dec 2013
In reply to FesteringSore: Is your wife with Vodafone PAYG? Looking that number up seems to indicate that it is Vodafone telemarketing hassling to get the victim to take out a contract. If so, perhaps phone Vodafone and tell them to stop?

Sherlock 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Escher:

> perhaps phone Vodafone and tell them to stop?

Ha,better set aside half a lifetime for that simple sounding task

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...