UKC

Scarpa Charmoz - leaky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zephr 19 Dec 2013
Just thought I'd share a short blog on my experience of the Scarpa Charmoz. Well. Two pairs actually.

http://testedtodestruction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/scarpa-charmoz-destroyed-...
 BnB 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

You've been unfortunate. Mine are into a third year of brutal use and they remain completely watertight. Great boots which I would buy again without hesitation.
 gethin_allen 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

I'd echo BnB's comments. I think you've been really unlucky to have such problems. The guarantee on Gore-tex is for the (reasonable)lifetime of the product so if the boots are in good condition and not ancient they should repair or replace them for you. As the Gore-tex part of the boot is the liner and not easily accessible to repair it's likely that they will replace them.
The mountain boot company will test them thoroughly in a big water bath and make the judgement.
 thedatastream 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

Sorry to hear you've had problems, always a bit disappointing when stuff doesn't work as you'd expect. My pair have lasted for three years so far with no leaks or other problems. They are only a thin boot (a bit chilly for Scottish winter belays) but I'd consider buying another pair for winter walking, scrambling and alpine.
 Joe G 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

That does sound frustrating, but I'd echo other more positive comments about mine. My first pair did start leaking after several years but the uppers were clearly knackered and I'd had them resoled. Yours definitely look in better nick... good luck, maybe third time lucky with a decent non-leaking pair!
 Cameron94 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

My pair leak like a sieve. Although my uppers are punctured in several places from a year of use on gabbro and from general winter use.

OP zephr 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

Yeah. I wondered if I'd been unlucky.
we'll see what MBC think. The Gore lining certainly hasn't had a lifetime of use, brutal or otherwise.

Glad to hear that other people are having more robust use out of theirs.
 CurlyStevo 19 Dec 2013
In reply to zephr:

Since the part you are having an issue with is the gore membrane and since gore guarantee the membrane for the life of the boots (and the rest of the boots are fine), I'd go straight to gore with this issue!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...