UKC

24hrs on a Barclays Hire bike...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rallymania 19 Dec 2013

if you have a Barclays Hire Bike for more than 24hrs you get fined...

so what do you think is possible in 24hrs?

Mont Ventoux?

youtube.com/watch?v=HUWCeAzkc2Q&

...edited to try and calm Tony down a bit
Post edited at 10:07
 Tony the Blade 19 Dec 2013
In reply to rallymania:
Can we STOP calling them Boris Bikes! They're Barclays Bikes, or even Barclays Cycle Hire.

BJ had bugger all to do with their inception, that was down to Ken Livingstone, BoJo was just the jammy git that was in office when they were launched! It sickens me, yes sickens me, that he is getting credit for this when the first thing he did was reduce the congestion zone and has since double the cost of hiring the bikes - wanker!
Post edited at 10:02
 Trangia 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Tony the Blade:
But Barclays are withdrawing their sponsorship, which just leaves us with Boris!

Anyway "Livingstone Bikes" doesn't roll off the tongue so easily.
Post edited at 10:08
OP rallymania 19 Dec 2013

ask and you shall receive sir!
In reply to Trangia:

right... enough you two... back to your rooms!
In reply to Trangia:

> But Barclays are withdrawing their sponsorship, which just leaves us with Boris!

> Anyway "Livingstone Bikes" doesn't roll off the tongue so easily.

How about Bolshevik Bikes.
In reply to rallymania:

WOW - loving the fact we can now edit posts!

Cheers guvnor
In reply to Trangia:

> But Barclays are withdrawing their sponsorship, which just leaves us with Boris!

Or just London bikes, hire bikes, bikes... although I do like the suggestion of Bolshevik bikes

Come the glorious Revolution there'll be Ten thousand brave comrades riding Bolshevik Bikes down the mall to rid us of our Royal Oppressors and set us on a path to a golden communist utopia.

(or more likely 50 soap dodgers living 'alternative' lifestyles p!ssing everyone off with a critical mass demonstration)
In reply to rallymania:

anyway... about the video!!!!!!

Skol 19 Dec 2013

> Can we STOP calling them Boris Bikes! They're Barclays Bikes, or even Barclays Cycle Hire.

> BJ had bugger all to do with their inception, that was down to Ken Livingstone, BoJo was just the jammy git that was in office when they were launched! It sickens me, yes sickens me, that he is getting credit for this when the first thing he did was reduce the congestion zone and has since double the cost of hiring the bikes - wanker!

Nice rant
KevinD 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Trangia:
> (In reply to Tony the Blade) But Barclays are withdrawing their sponsorship, which just leaves us with Boris!

and havent contributed that much anyway. How about giving their name pro-rata and getting Bar Bikes?
In reply to Skol:

> Nice rant

Aiiiii thangyou
Removed User 20 Dec 2013

> Can we STOP calling them Boris Bikes! They're Barclays Bikes, or even Barclays Cycle Hire.

Hard to say whether it's worse giving Boris or Barclays a boost in the collective mindset, I'd say.
 Tony the Blade 20 Dec 2013
In reply to Removed UserBwox:

> Hard to say whether it's worse giving Boris or Barclays a boost in the collective mindset, I'd say.

I hear you... lesser of two evils.

London bike hire is my preferred.
 john arran 20 Dec 2013
In reply to rallymania:

After riding through the tunnel and all the way through France I would have thought the hill at the end would be the easy bit

> Can we STOP calling them Boris Bikes!

Bonkers Bikes, perhaps? (note careful lack of apostrophe...)

Can you tell I'm not convinced by them?

Neil Williams 20 Dec 2013
In reply to captain paranoia:

I think they're brilliant. Have helped me see more of London rather than just the Tube, and unlike buses or walking they are almost as quick as the Tube.

Neil
In reply to Neil Williams:

Oyster Bikes - I win.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...