UKC

Webpages remembering logins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 19 Dec 2013
When you tick the box on a website for it to remember your password, is it the computer that remembers it, or the website? I keep ticking the 'remember my password' box on the mountain training website, and it never remembers it.
 Coel Hellier 19 Dec 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

Usually it is your web browser that remembers it.
OP girlymonkey 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Coel Hellier:

so why does it remember it on some sites and not others?
 itsThere 19 Dec 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

Your browser remembers it, but you may have it set to delete cookies when it exits.

It could be a work computer, some wont let you store any online passwords.
In reply to itsThere:

But it remembers some, and not others. It's obviously not the end of the world, but it does mean I have to go searching through my email every time I want to log in.
 Fraser 19 Dec 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

There is an obvious solution to your problem and I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out....
 MG 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Fraser:

Except every site seems to require a password in a different form...
 ByEek 19 Dec 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:

I used to rely heavily on the remember me functionality. Then one day I had a clean out and accidentally deleted passwords. I now use

http://www.passpack.com

I can't recommend it enough and it is uber secure.
In reply to Fraser:

Have you tried using the mountain training website?! It's the worst website ever created. They sent me an impossible password, and tell you to change it to suit yourself. I did that, and then it didn't work and I locked myself out of the system trying to get it to work. This is only one of the many many many issues I have had with the site. I like the idea of getting everything online, but it needs a lot of work!!
 LastBoyScout 19 Dec 2013
In reply to girlymonkey:
It is the browser that remembers it.

This means that I can log into the same website with different passwords by using a different browser, e.g. IE and Firefox.

The reason some sites remember it and not others is usually security based - fields can be defined so they don't remember data that was typed into them, forcing you to re-type your password every time.

It could just be a crap site developer, in this case!
Post edited at 15:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...