UKC

BD Reactor tools (pair), various jackets, boots.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 TobyA 19 Dec 2013
premier post photo
Black Diamond Reactor Ice Tools

Great pure leashless tools for ice and mixed. They are not as radically curved as the most aggressive tools and hence work well on ice from moderate to vertical and UK style mixed (as opposed to hugely overhanging bolted Euro-mixed). They have a spike at the end and the head is comfy in the hand making them great for mountaineering style routes. They come with two micro hammers, but if it seals the deal for someone I’m willing to replace one of the hammers with the adze from my Vipers so you could have one with a hammer head and one with the adze. Used, with the expected scrapes and scratches (see photos) but structurally sound and lots of life in the picks still.

Currently I have ice hockey tape around the upper hand grip. It’s warmer, grippier and seems hard wearing, but if you don’t like that just peel it off and its the original paint work underneath!

Loads of pics: http://bitsandbobsandoddsandsods.blogspot.fi/2013/12/black-diamond-reactors...

Price £165, and I’ll cover the p&p to a UK address.

Haglöfs Trident II Jacket

Size medium. A windstopper jacket with a mesh drop liner. This isn’t a hard-shell because Windstopper will leak in sustained rain but it shrugs off a bit of drizzle or icefall dripiness fine. It has a great hood that fits well both over a helmet or without and has a good stiffened brim. It’s cut really well for climbing in and the pockets are above a harness. Being windproof and having the mesh liner it’s actually surprisingly warm but breathes OK. I bought it for winter bike commuting and found it a bit sweaty for that although I heat up easily, but for ice climbing or rock climbing on breezy cold days it works well.

Photos: http://bitsandbobsandoddsandsods.blogspot.fi/2013/12/haglofs-trident-ii-jac...

Price £25 inc. posting.

Marmot Ion Windshirt.

Size medium. A super simple full-zip hooded windshirt. It has elastic cuffs, one chest pocket that it packs into, and tighteners for the hood. That’s it really! Hence squashes to about the size of an apple and weighs just over 100 grams. For various complex reasons I have two, hence selling this one.

Photos: http://bitsandbobsandoddsandsods.blogspot.fi/2013/12/marmot-ion-windshirt.h...

Price £10 inc. posting.

Rab Alpine Pull On

Size medium. I love this but it’s just slightly too small across the chest for me, so probably not great for the stockier types, and hence I’ve not used it much. A full featured windshirt with a great hood for going over a helmet. Pertex Equilibrium fabric is breathable and has nice textured feel, a bit less “shiny-smooth” than other Pertexes. Rab called it the world's lightest softshell, which it sort of is!

http://bitsandbobsandoddsandsods.blogspot.fi/2013/12/rab-alpine-pull-on.htm...

Price: £20 including posting.

Patagonia Synchilla Jacket

Size large. A classic Patagonia midweight fleece jacket. Kind of simple: pockets for your hands, one chest pocket, a zip up the front and.... errrr... that about it. Typical Patagonia quality (I have a 20 year old pullover version of this that I still regularly use). Years of use in it for anyone who wants a bog standard, do everything fleece. I bought it too big (and haven’t gained weight!) and, hence, it’s spent far too much of its life neatly folded away in a cupboard.

Photos: http://bitsandbobsandoddsandsods.blogspot.fi/2012/10/for-sale-patagonia-syn...

Price £15 including postage.

Scarpa Vega Plastic Boots

Size 9/Euro 43. Used, but not that much. I’m pretty certain they are UK 9/Euro 43 ("9" is marked inside on the plastic cuff on both boots; I normally wear 42s but I bought these for cold temperatures and wanted to make sure I could wear warm socks in them and that my wide feet wouldn't be pinched across the boot at all). Yes, they’re old school but they are bloomin’ warm, tough as… errr…. old boots and have plenty of life left in them. I’ve climbed up to VI in them so they’re not that bad for climbing in either. So for someone who needs some really cheap crampon compatible boots or a second pair of boots for somewhere really cold, they’re worth considering

Photos: http://bitsandbobsandoddsandsods.blogspot.fi/2013/12/scarpa-vega-plastic-bo...

Price £30 posted.

All payments via bank transfer please, when I receive the money I'll post the item to you as soon as I can afterwards. I'm at home in Finland currently with all the gear, but tomorrow I'm coming to the UK so Saturday is the earliest I can post any thing out.

Merry Christmas and thanks for looking everyone!
 Jack Finney 19 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Sent you a PM regarding the Synchilla Jacket. Cheers
OP TobyA 19 Dec 2013
In reply to Jack Finney: Thanks Jack, it's a deal!

So the Patagonia jacket is provisionally sold now to Jack.

climber34neil 19 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Hi I will take the rab, have emailed you, thanks
OP TobyA 19 Dec 2013
In reply to climber34neil:

OK, Neil has provisionally bought the Rab Alpine Pull On. Thanks Neil.
OP TobyA 19 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Marmot windshirt now sold to Smally. Thanks Smally.
 wbo 20 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Toby - are the Vegas in Finland or the UK? And a price to posting to Norway would be goof.
OP TobyA 20 Dec 2013
In reply to wbo:

Hi wbo, they are currently here in Finland but I'm about to stick them in my holdall to take to them to the UK this evening! At a wild guess I suspect the price of posting them to Norway from either country would be similar? But I have no idea what that is, probably a bit pricey I imagine. :-/

I'm in a bit of a rush right now trying to get my family packed, but I've just weighed the Vegas - the pair weighs a bit under 3 kg (1428 per boot) - if you want to try researching possible ways of posting them if you are interested!
Cheers, Toby.
OP TobyA 20 Dec 2013
In reply to wbo:
Very quick look on Parcel Force website for postage from the UK for a 3 kg parcel to Norway is GBP 47.70 which seems crazy expensive. :-/

And according to my lovely wife who just checked out the Finnish post website, EUR 45, which is better but just a little bit!
Post edited at 10:56
 wbo 20 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA: Toby - apologies - i tried on some scarpas this pm and 43 is way too big I think.

OP TobyA 20 Dec 2013
In reply to wbo:

No probs, it sounds like it would have been really pricey to get them to Norway anyway. Hope you find something good!
 Belay Snob 21 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Hi Mate ,

Are the axes still for sale .
OP TobyA 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Belay Snob:

Sorry, sold and posted the axes this morning.

OP TobyA 21 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Hi to everyone; the Reactors, the Patagonia fleece, the Rab Pull-On and the Marmot Windshirt have all been sold and sent on to their new owners.

Thanks to Jack, Neil, Iain and Chris - all no nonsense buyers; I'm very happy to recommend them all to future sellers.

The Haglöfs jacket and the plastic boots are still available and are looking for loving new homes and owners willing to get them back out on the hill!

climber34neil 23 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Hi toby, rab top arrived this morning! Great service and many thanks, looking forward to wearing on my boxing day trot up snowdon ! Neil
OP TobyA 30 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Boots now sold. Thanks Oren!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...