UKC

Its a bit damp with a slight breeze

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 24 Dec 2013
Who am I kidding? It's lashing it down and blowing like a train here. 3 small power cuts so far, and supposedly the worst winds we'll get are coming in now.

Sounds nasty out there on the news too. Hope all can get to where you want to be tomorrow safely
OP balmybaldwin 24 Dec 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Just got in to work, no power at home, and floods to come through but thankfully no real damage
paulcarey 24 Dec 2013

one our neighbour's gable end fell down in the wind and the road is closed...
Had enough of the rain now!
 LastBoyScout 24 Dec 2013

Power cut at work yesterday, so came home.

Cat spent an unusually long time curled up in her basket yesterday and last night - she really doesn't like the wind. Hope she ventured out at some point to ablute, at least!

Started a bit brighter this morning, but back to wind and rain now.
 ByEek 24 Dec 2013

I appreciate some have it much worse but "a bit damp with a slight breeze" sums up Manchester's weather over the last 24 hours. We never get extreme weather!
In reply to ByEek:

Isn't that just a normal summer's day in Manchester?

Still no power at home - thankfully my Ma's got power for the turkey tomorrow!
 sbc_10 24 Dec 2013

Somebody posted this link a few days ago. Shows the winds across the world.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-15...

It's great but the sad fact is that the UK seems to get a pummeling in comparison to nearly everywhere else.
I suppose its location,location, precipitation.
 ThunderCat 24 Dec 2013
In reply to ByEek:

> I appreciate some have it much worse but "a bit damp with a slight breeze" sums up Manchester's weather over the last 24 hours. We never get extreme weather!

And looking outside around Salford Quays, it actually looks quite nice. Which is handy, as I'm cycling home later.

Wohoo! Power just came back on!
 Scarab9 24 Dec 2013

In todmorden we're all pretty happy as long as the flooding is below knee height <shrug>
I remember folks complaining about drizzle when I lived in Manchester just dow n the road.
In fact when we had our last (newsworthy) floods I was out running in the hills as it was 'fun' and I couldn't resist.
We have a larger than average number of nut cases here <waves>

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...