UKC

winter seasonal jobs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0Unknown0 24 Dec 2013
Has anyone ever worked the ski season, if so where did you find your openings. There is a lot of sites offering the oportunity to register with companies but i get the feeling this is not the best way in as i have tried this route on several occasions in the past and never heard a thing in return. My skiing ability is safe/average as i rarely get the oportunity and i'm open to any kind of position, in a chalet, hotel, shop, transfer driver, whatever. Language skills are fluent in Spanish, German and native English and so obviously only speaking those languages might hinder my options.

Anyway, just looking for some advice from those who have been there, done it.

Thanks.
 woollardjt 24 Dec 2013
In reply to Dominicandave:

I used to work for neilson's as a ski/snowboard rep and they like you to have a high standard of ski/ boarding ability. I applied through their website, I wouldn't bother registering with an external company. Contact each individual company directly, most of their websites will have a section on jobs if not search for head office details and ask for HR.

Most positions will be filled by now, but there is a quite a high turn over of staff. As it's not all about slope time. After a few years I ended up working in their French head office in their finance section and I had more time out skiing and boarding doing that than I did as a rep

Good luck doing winter seasons was one of the best things I ever did

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...