UKC

All leather work gloves? Marmot basic etc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 happy_c 25 Dec 2013
Hey everyone,

I saw some gloves last week that a guy had on. All leather with a liner, they looked awesome!

The nearest I can find to these are the marmot basic work glove, but I'm struggling to find them in stock anywhere!

Does anyone know of anything similar to these? Or somewhere with stock of them? I'm fed up of gloves that last 2 months at most, so this winter it's buffalo mitts and some leather ones!

Thanks in advance;

Andy
 neuromancer 25 Dec 2013
In reply to happy_c:

I have some mediums for sale, brand new never worn?
 Matt Schwarz 25 Dec 2013
In reply to happy_c:

not great for anything technical but walking, skiing and easy stuff these are great!
venitex fbf15
search for auction number 220934764016
 GarethSL 26 Dec 2013
In reply to happy_c:
As a glove they are good, but for working in they completely suck. There is nothing good I can say about those gloves if you want to use them for anything more than casual labour. They smell horrendous after a few uses, the pigskin is far to thin and delicate for anything worthwhile and the seams fall apart. someone will be along shortly to offer a completely opposite opinion for sure.

but seriously for 35 quid, your money is better spent on gardening gloves!
Post edited at 00:03
 Jayhigh 26 Dec 2013
In reply to happy_c:

Cactus SPG gloves.

Made in NZ, they are excellent. I have one pair that is now 11 years old and although the lining has packed out a bit, they are still going strong. My second pair is only five yrs old and are like new, despite being used for skiing and winter climbing. Not cheap now though, given the exchange rate, but a a rare thing these days that will really last.
 TobyA 26 Dec 2013
In reply to GrendeI:

Which ones? The Marmots? If so I've found completely the opposite http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/marmot-basic-work-glove-rev... The first pair has finally had one little bit of seam fail, but it took 5 years.

RRP is 30 euros but I've always paid 20 and often see them on sale for that. The main outdoor chain in Finland seems to buy them by the truckload so they always have them in stock and often have them at 20 during any sale.
 GarethSL 26 Dec 2013
In reply to TobyA:

Both the basic and the exum work. Neither were good in terms of durability.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...