UKC

Non-membership pools/spas around Glasgow?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Taurig 26 Dec 2013
So the girl I've been seeing is a bit of a fitness fanatic, and as we've done all the usual date stuff (cinema, lunch, comedy club etc.) I was thinking of suggesting a day at a swimming pool and spa. Bit of exercise, followed by chilling out in the hot tub or sauna, I think she'd be up for it.

However, in Glasgow I'm having trouble finding a suitable venue. I don't have a membership to any gyms, and although you'd struggle to call a swimming pool romantic, I think the local council pools would be at the bottom end of the spectrum; full of screaming kids, crowded etc. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to go that will give you a day membership? The best pool and spas that I have been in are in good hotels, do they ever let you in without booking a room?

Bit of a random one but stranger stuff has been answered on UKC! Thanks in advance for any help.
 upordown 26 Dec 2013
In reply to Taurig:

A lot of hotels offer spa days although the expectation of many would be that you'd have some sort of treatment as well as use the pool, etc. Quite a few come up if you put spa day Glasgow into google. Hope you find something!
OP Taurig 27 Dec 2013
In reply to upordown:

That's a good idea up or down, I didn't think of searching for spa days as lying around with cucumbers on my eyes isn't what I was thinking of! Thanks for the suggestion, will check it out.
 imkevinmc 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Taurig:

Register with amazon local, living social, groupon etc. and you'll be inundated with offers from hotel chains and gyms. Most Hilton gym/pool combos offer access to non-residents
 Fraser 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Taurig:

You could try Mar Hall near Erskine. Never been myself, but it's supposed to be quite nice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...