UKC

Peak tomorrow - which crag?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Happy Haggis 27 Dec 2013
Hi there

I'm planning a climbing trip to the Peak District tomorrow. I don't know the area that well (ie which crags are horribly green at this time of year), so would appreciate any recommendations on which crags might be worth a visit tomorrow.

Many thanks

mrdigitaljedi 27 Dec 2013
In reply to Happy Haggis:

The roaches r green/slimy, stanage very cold if windy, i was on burbage north and it was cold and damp but climbable that was yesterday.
 llanberis36 27 Dec 2013

Plenty of choice, Roaches upper dries out quickly in the wind, depends on what you are looking for but raven tor is a safe bet, and usually something around sardine dry, if bouldering a look down the churnett is always good, lower tier of ramshaw will be climbable
 AndyRogers 27 Dec 2013

I was up at froggatt last sunday and despite the less than brilliant forecast the rock was perfect- and apart from a clutch of boulderers we had the crag to ourselves......
 shumidrives 27 Dec 2013

climbed at riverlin on boxing day was bit damp on the ground but rock was fine and out of the wind
 EarlyBird 27 Dec 2013

The wind is likely to be your biggest problem. Somewhere sheltered might be best - I'd give High Neb a miss.
 ianlaw 27 Dec 2013

Froggatt is good, was in great condition last weekend and only windy on the tops. Roaches are good, but were a little green a few weeks ago - still it provided far more friction than I expected on the green patches.
OP Happy Haggis 27 Dec 2013

Thanks, all!

crowden great quarry...sheltered, no seepage and sheltered from the wind. There'll be a bunch of us there tomorrow.
 Al Evans 28 Dec 2013
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Ho ho ho!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...